lead core instead of tubing

hi all, i've been using rig tubing for all my carp fishing and had SOME success, but recently i have found that fish have been spooking when seeing it. i know backleading is possibility but i would like to learn how to attach lead core on to the mainline and how to attach it to the safety clip end of the rig.

can anyone help? thanks.

I use the ESP ready made leaders. They come with a safety clip already attached (which comes straight off because I hate the things). At t`other end theres a loop so you just ties the leader straight onto the mainline. So much easier than having to splice.......

wolf.gif

Nine times out of ten its the grinner. The reasoning behind it is that the tag end of the knot faces back up the line so should anything untoward happen the lead can easily slide off and not get caught. I don`t use lead clips very often (opening myself up for a right shoeing here!) as the lead comes off way too many times for my liking. Ok, they`re designed to do just that but the more it happens the more likely you are to push the sleeve a bit more up the clip which results in a rig thats a whole lot worse (IMO) than a basic sleeve of tubing on the leadcore and a lead slid over it.

wolf.gif

I still use tubing but from some of the mags and info ive picked up suggests that you have to splice a loop on both ends of the leader. pass one end of the leader through the eye of the swivel then pass the other end of the leader through the loop that you first put through.( sorry if this sounds confusing) if youve ever used the loop to loop method of tying hook lengths then you will know what im talking about. then slide your line clip/inline lead down and push the swivel in to the base. Then tie you hook link to the swivel and your away, Or you could do like I do and use a Korda quick link and attach that to your swivel and just tie a loop in the end of your hookling. Makes changes much easier. slide a bit of tubimg over the link to prevent tankles.

I would deffinately us the grinner knot for attaching to mainline. Good luck.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!