Christmas Pressie

poledark

24lb 12oz on the 24th Dec....cant be bad :D:D

24.12on24.12.jpg

Happy Xmas everyone

Den

[ 28. December 2003, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mpbdsnu,in a word, yes. I have had a lot of fish on that rig this last three months and am so confident that I use it all the time.

I seem to be getting my fair share of fish compared to others on the lake, and on some occasions have been the only one to catch over a period of a week or so.

To be honest though, these last two fish (one on xmas eve and one the day before) really got me on a high.......you shouldn't expect to catch with a water temp of 38F, and some pretty good anglers were totally blanking even with night sessions (I only do days).

I have been able to get some firm answers on hook presentation, I will use one setup on all four rods for a week or so and then change to another and have got some good test results.

I am able to present the bait and hook exactly as I want and can test the results with side hooking,standard hair rig, hook fixed rigidly on the side or top of the bait, hair rigged but with hook on the side of the bait, in fact any way I choose to present it.

For what it is worth, hook wired to the side of the bait or hook hair rigged on the side of the bait have been by far the most successful.

Other setups get me pickups but quite often the run stops as the fish does not get self hooked.

I will put some pics up of the hook and bait presentation if you want.

Happy new year to you,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

Mpb, this is how the baited rig should appear to a carp :D

RigandBaits.jpg

This is with the "side hooked hair"......the fish cant fail to get the hook if it picks up the bait, and the bait is presented about 1.5 inches above the lake bed and is clear of rubbish and silt.

Works like clockwork :D

Den

Poledark, now we've seen your bait, what are you hoping to catch with it? :P

Nice one, hope you catch many more :)

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.