Who's fishing now ?

RobStubbs

mpbdsnu:

If the carp Gods are listening - FRIDAY NIGHT OKAY?? :D:D:D

Well, they almost got it right :rolleyes: 02:45 today (sat) - bite alarm screamed - result = nice mirror 15lb 3oz. Not a big fish by other's standards, but very welcome indeed as it was my first this year (3 sessions after house move!)

But to make it all the more enjoyable - I just recently started rolling my own bait - and I caught it on my own Strawberry boilies!! :D:D

To say I was please is definately an understatement! :D:D Totally knackered now thought!!

Well as almost expected I blanked again this w/e. There were a couple of (small) fish out so that's encouraging, after the lake going qiet for the last few weeks. The wind was something else; a mates bivvy got blown over, and when I went round to help him move, I had to move a fallen tree on the way round. I heard a couple of bivvies were trashed on Elstow as well.

Rob.

I started carping this season in Mid Jan, I had done about seven evening sessions prior to this but as I love my Bassing in the summer winter is when I get going with the carp.

I've fished three lakes for a total of about ten days, although most sessions have been for a few hours - the lake is 2 mins from the office and I can just stop off on the way home or on the way in - I've had some cracking fish (two 20+ commons and a stunning 25lb 2 oz linear) but just as I'm in to the swing again the main lake I'm fishing is about to shut!!!

I do love carping in the winter, the lakes are far quieter and the fish are stunning in fact I was talking to my mate yesterday evening as were packing up and we were both saying we couldn't wait until Jan next year!! Got one last chance this afternoon then it's off to pastures new for a while.

Rob

[ 13 March 2002, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: RobT ]