Who's fishing now ?

RobStubbs

Just wondering who's actually getting out fishing at the moment ? I know a lot of people hibernate all winter and come out when the fish become more active. I have been fishing (blanking) through the winter and should be doing a couple of nights this w/e. The lake I fish shuts Apr & May so I have to get my time in before the end, plus I'm off to France for the last week of this month :D

Rob.

Hi Rob, I've blanked my way through the winter and I've found this winter to have been harder than most. Either that or I've just forgotten how hard going winters can be! :rolleyes:

Last year was the best season I've ever had, but this winter is the worst!!

Last Saturday morning it was -4 Deg C yet fish still came out, but not to me! :(

The weekend before last I fished Kingsmead 1 and just after getting soaked whilst setting up in the snow the sun popped out into the bright blue sky!! I still blanked whilst a guy across the bay banked 10 fish to mid 20's!! :rolleyes:

My local has just opened after a 3 month shut down so I on there at the moment. Roll on the spring/summer, big fish, red wine, a good curry and good company, what more could you ask for?....can't wait! :)

Would be merrily seeing the last of the river season but a car accident and whiplash seems to have stopped that dead but I have been out at least once a week all season.

Looking forward to some carping, roaching and breaming in the close season !

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

I've continued to fish - usually once a week - all thru the winter. Did much better than usual up until the last two trips. Blanked both of them including the most recent one this morning/afternoon.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

After that incredibly cold spell when the temperature went down to -10 each night for a week, I found that the we experienced the biggest total shut down for ten years. It has taken an age to start to see fish again, even with that mildish end to January. From the second week in December...a waste of time, and God I tried!

Yeah, I'm fishing - if you can call it that? Bivvied up behind my rods - waiting... and waiting....... and waiting!! A carp would be really nice - any size I don't mind :rolleyes:

If the carp Gods are listening - FRIDAY NIGHT OKAY?? :D:D:D

No Rob

I was fishing for carp, properly. Bolt rigged peperami to FBIs and 2.5 tc rods, 15lb line to barbless size 8. The club controlling the water insists on barbless.

It was a good fish for the water as well, which has only produced up to 26 lb. to date.

Mike

Join the SAA today for only £10.00 and help defend angling.

Been fishing every Monday (Been having to work the weekends).

Had a few small Carp on Boilies but not much else except for plenty of Roach and Rudd on maggots using a float rod.

Did have a Carp take a few floating Boilies off the top this week though. Was not interested in the one with the hook in though!.

Keith.

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.