Don't drink and fish!

Kappa

I can't understand why you've brought up the Wingham fish in . To be honest even if I liked booze and it wasn't allowed at Wingham then I'd leave the booze at home before I'd miss out on fishing a lovely place like Wingham.

The wingham fishin wasn't very valid, I just said if I felt it would be frowned upon not to be allowed to a sensble drink at the fishin in the summer evening would be slightly less enjoyable.... it definatly wasn't the main point of my post. My main point was that I felt it was ok to have a drink as the majority of the posts previous had frowned upon it to one degree or another. A lot of posts after have agreed that in moderation it is fine.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wingham fishin wasn't very valid, I just said if I felt it would be frowned upon not to be allowed to a sensble drink at the fishin in the summer evening would be slightly less enjoyable.... it definatly wasn't the main point of my post. My main point was that I felt it was ok to have a drink as the majority of the posts previous had frowned upon it to one degree or another. A lot of posts after have agreed that in moderation it is fine.

Reading through my post above It sounded as though I was 100% against alcohol at a fishery, I'm not against alcohol at a fishery, it's just when people take it to extremes and drink half a dozen cans or even twice that much when they are night fishing as is the norm for some anglers that I have met.

Cans are not allowed on most (if not all) of the fisheries I have fished anyway except when we have an organised barbeque on the first day of the season or another organised meet, we even ignore it at night if the person is known by us to be a very responsible angler and can keep it out of sight from the others; otherwise we dont allow cans because of the few idiots that drink too much and think that if they throw their cans on the bushes where they can't be seen then its ok, which is sadly the norm these days.

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

If anyone thinks this is a new thing, then think again!

In my teens A few of us used to fish matches as visitors with different clubs.

Some would load the coach with crates, (more revenue for the club). Some guys would have a couple before they set off, drink all the way to the venue, take a few bottles (not many cans in those days), to their peg, then drink all the way home after the match.

I fished a few where they specifically picked venues within easy reach of a pub. At opening times all you saw were a line of rods up the bank, and about a half dozen of us still fishing. Until 'kicking out' time that is, when they all made their way back to the match.

No bottles left behind, you got money on the empties back then. :)

I very rarely drink anyway, so it's something I don't even think about when fishing.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I know a guy (an American) who has been known to take acid (LSD) whilst fishing. The attraction of extracting hooks from a pike whilst tripping is a bit lost on me.... still, horses for courses (whatever that means).

Acid is a great tool to help one to think like a fish

A summers day smoking a little dope whilst watching a float bob on an estate lake seems quite appealing, but I doubt if you'd get many timely strikes in.

While not suitable for some sports, cannabis can be considered a performance-enhancing drug for many types of sport - especially Golf.

As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!

I to say that in moderation a Beer while on the shoreline or in the boat is OK! I clarify this by saying that the operator of the boat or vehicle that is providing the transport should not be Drinking! Designated Driver/Operator is restricted form use! Time is a factor that must be considered as well. If the session is an Overnighters, then a couple of Beers is acceptable. If this is a Day session, then 1-2 Beers will be acceptable during the time. As to Over Doing IT, Anything done to the point that you are unable to function is WRONG! Legally Drunk or have an Alcohol Level that is considered Drunk, is Justification for a Citation! You are responsible for your actions wherever you are and while fishing, you may be endangering your life and that of the fish as well! JMHO!!!!!!!!!!!

HOPPY4

HOPPY

While not suitable for some sports, cannabis can be considered a performance-enhancing drug for many types of sport - especially Golf.

Suddenly, golf, golfers and golfing attire make much more sense to me - they're all stoned!