fluro leaders

The best I've used over the years is Grand Max. This is distributed in the UK in the heavier breaking strains by Gardner and in the lighter by Preston. Both companies rebadge it, Gardner with their own label if I recall, Preston as Grand Match.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

What is knotting fluoro like?

Because of the problems with my hands, knotting is rather difficult for me. I tried a while back and found fluoro very stiff and difficult to lock a knot down without it working loose. As a result I have been using either Snakeskin peeled back or fluoro coated copolymers like Krystonite, which I found far more supple. It's a case of using something that does the job rather than precisely what you want!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Alan , despite my spelling I have been known to tie the odd fly or two, I tend to pre tie rigs be fore I go. I use my fly tieing vice and find that not having to hold the hook makes it easier to tie up rigs send me a pm tellme what rigs you need and I,ll try and sort some out. Jim

jim doyle:

Alan , despite my spelling I have been known to tie the odd fly or two, I tend to pre tie rigs be fore I go. I use my fly tieing vice and find that not having to hold the hook makes it easier to tie up rigs send me a pm tellme what rigs you need and I,ll try and sort some out. Jim

Jim, a fair part of my problem tying fine hook lengths is being able to hold the hook to even put it in the hook tyer! I have a deal with a neighbour, I take him fishing and he ties me a load of hook lengths - I even fished a 22 hook on 1.5lb line. How very delicate!! Didn't catch though!

Thanks anyway Jim, it really is appreciated.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

Steve Burke:

The best I've used over the years is Grand Max.  This is distributed in the UK in the heavier breaking strains by Gardner and in the lighter by Preston.  Both companies rebadge it, Gardner with their own label if I recall, Preston as Grand Match.

Is the Gardner one called Subterfuge?

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.

Sorry, Bingo, I don't remember. My information came from the manufacturer's agent.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Steve Burke:

Sorry, Bingo, I don't remember.  My information came from the manufacturer's agent.

No worries. I've never actually used any fluoro but I was just having a snoop around the Gardner website last night and found that stuff.

I'm tempted to give it a go though. There's a gin clear reservoir near where I live that I've tried in the past without much success.

The best time to fish is when you have a chance.