Groundbait for Crayfish?

Sid Bonkers

i would like to use a groundbait to attract crayfish with the intention of fishing a tiger prawn over the top as an imitation crayfish, i have searched for info on crayfish diet without much sucsess, i have been told to try some rotted garden compost....................

any thoughts?

Do what the shark fishers do and make up some 'chum'. Fish heads, blood, guts, etc and put them in a muslin bag so that the juices ooooze out over time should get every Cray within 100m honing in on it..

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Sid, should work a treat, but if they are like the Kennet Crays then they will eat your tiger prawn as well, :D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

yeah, i had concidered that poledark (grin)

but i picture a situation where a dozen or so crays are feeding and as a group of carp move in the crayfish all scurry away and hide leaving only one sickly looking prawn (my hookbait)

job done!!!!!!!!!!