Weekend's catch anyone??

dazler

The rig's veeeery simple, mate. Just a 5-inch length of ESP stiff mono, knotless-knotted to a wide-gape hook with its eye out-turned and secured to the swivel via a loop knot so it's free to move.

I'm sure Gaffer could draw it for you, or it may already be in his portfolio of rig diagrams. No rocket science required with me, see?

All the best.

Terry

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

Fantastic Session Terry!

Me, bugger all at the weekend, just got back from a week-long session in France, where, yup you guess it, I also blanked!

Only I could blank at Abbey Lakes! Doh!

Fished my local park on Saturday, and had a curate's egg of a day. 1 carp rod and one float rod after perch and roach.

I was using locally made pineapple boilies with a pineapple pop-up to critically balance it, on a blow-back rig of the same basic type sold pre-tied by Carp-r-us.

After 20 minutes I had a run which shook the rod tip but didn'ttrigger the alarm. I lifted the rod and saw the head of a catfish, which based upon the only other catfish I'd ever caught 8lbs 4ozs, was around 12lbs. As it's head came clear of the water, it shook the hook off.

An hour later I managed to get what would have been a clear PB carp under the rod tip and lost that, too.

At last the other rod was kept busy with around 15 small perch and 27 roach to around 10ozs.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

So you didn't...er...Abbey lotta luck in France then mate?

Never mind, at least it was better than not-fishing, eh?

Your turn will come, don't worry, and it'll be all the sweeter when it does.

[ 09. May 2005, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Wordbender ]

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

• 2 weeks later...