UJ Supanova

ive had good results on 14 and 21mm pellets

but this weekend im trying cherry-bakewell

egg shaped boilies.

when carp are on the feed they usually take most things

WHEN IM GOOD THEY NEVER REMEMBER

WHEN IM BAD THEY NEVER FORGET.

• 1 year later...

i've been using the bait warehouse 'red-z' 14mm boilies and they seem to do the trick. using them all year round too. the warehouse is selling some great products now, especially the boilies. they also have a fruity range, but i prefer the strong punch of ingredientes in this one.

Having carp fished (and made my own baits for most of the time) for over 30 years Ive literally tried hundreds of flavours! Some are undoubtedly better than others but it really depends on the water you are on. The very make up of the water (ie the actual H2O!) and its variants such as Ph levels,salinity etc etc apear to have an effect as well as more obvious things such as what everyone else is using!

Instead of listing all the onbes Ive caught on I will list just the few that I still regularly use (remember that all though flavours can undoubtedly "blow"if you rotate them over a period of time you can stick to just a few tried and trusted.)

In no particular order-

Pink Zing and Cream (my own blend)

Pineapple and plum (blended from Solar flavours)

Strawberry (quite happy with most brands Ive used)

Scopex ( " " " " " " " )

Tutti Frutti (Richworth being most likely my favourite supplier

Phillips Yeast Mix (allthough really an additive it does give a distinctive flavour)

When I did carp fish in the winter I stuck to fishmeal and trout pellet type boillies which I never really bothered with flavouring but if I did I used a Spice flavour (Ultra Spice?) from Rod Hutchinson.On tyhe subject of Hutchy flavours I have done quite well flavouring the soaking water for my particles with the old Catchum Florentine "B".

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

natural flavours of the bait without the need for flavouring best option in the long term imho

but failing that richworth tutti frutti takes some beating as does rod hutchinsons maonster crab but i think the tutti wins as its more popular when the wife/gf/parents come home if your rolling bait in the house