New Danish record Salmon

Ken L

Just got sent this link by a Danish mate. I'm not a fly forum regular but I thought I'd sgare.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Wow!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to contradict Ken...Denmark's record salmon was a little bigger weighing in at 26.5 kgs caught by D C Dinesen, Easter 1954. It fell to a devon spinner on Skjernaa (River Skjern) Here's a picture of it...

http://www.7days.dk/fishing/droemmefisk/fisk/dinesen.htm

But this is certainly the largest one caught for a heck of a long time and quite by chance it was caught on my local river...Storaaen. It was caught about 10 kilometres upstream from where I have a shack by the river so who knows how close to catching it I've been!

Since the 20.1 kg one another one, a shade lighter has been caught! Again not far away from me. My club has spent thousands of pounds and volunteered uncountable hours in getting the fish stocks back to where they where in the 50's, with massive restocking programs among other things Coincidentally, I sent in an article some time ago which Elton kindly published. Anyone interested can find it in "Miscellaneous Articles" title: "Viking Trials and Tribulations"

Cheers...Jon

Sorry to contradict Ken...Denmark's record salmon was a little bigger weighing in at 26.5 kgs caught by D C Dinesen, Easter 1954. It fell to a devon spinner on Skjernaa (River Skjern) Here's a picture of it...

http://www.7days.dk/fishing/droemmefisk/fisk/dinesen.htm

But this is certainly the largest one caught for a heck of a long time and quite by chance it was caught on my local river...Storaaen. It was caught about 10 kilometres upstream from where I have a shack by the river so who knows how close to catching it I've been!

Since the 20.1 kg one another one, a shade lighter has been caught! Again not far away from me. My club has spent thousands of pounds and volunteered uncountable hours in getting the fish stocks back to where they where in the 50's, with massive restocking programs among other things Coincidentally, I sent in an article some time ago which Elton kindly published. Anyone interested can find it in "Miscellaneous Articles" title: "Viking Trials and Tribulations"

Cheers...Jon

wow thats a serious salmon,both of them are massive..nice to see there are stil a few giants left,in my local river the shannon there virtually extinct. :wallbash:

"two men were standing on the bank of the river and one says to the other"how can i catch a fish?? and the other replied "you keep your bait in the water!!!"

• 2 weeks later...