Selfish swim snafflers and near bank-neglecters

crazynewt

I was fishing a commercial with the family this past weekend, and whilst I supervised their margin whip fishing I chucked out a bite-alarmed ledger set up to some fish movement mid-lake. The lake was empty my end, but I guess I compromised a fair few swims fishing where I was.

During the coarse of the morning and early afternoon I managed to catch a few tench and carp, which prompted some anglers from further down the lake to move and set up position opposite me. Even though it didn't look like they'd cross my lines, to be safe, and as I'd had a good run for my money, I wound in and changed to floater tactics for the final couple of hours of our session. It didn't kill me.

Geoff

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was once fishing one of my local lakes and a lad stud next to me asking if i had caught anything etc. and then produced a bag full of boilies which where scattered along the read bed next to my swim

he then told me he was going to be fishing there the next day, not only do they want to keep you out of swims facing them when they have got a line in they want to bait them up if your using them before they get there

I fish a very prolific although SMALL water in Cheltenham. I went to fish there during the week a while ago. I got there at about 7am only to find the swim I usualy fish from being used (with 4 other pegs!) by two carpers. They were fishing ledger with buzzers when the water is about 20 yards across. I went round to the other side to fish the margins to be told they have baits in there! I ignored them, set up and fished next to a bush and was into a Carp at first cast. These guys were shouting that they would come round and "settle me if I didn't move, not realising Andrew (the manager) was right behind them! He charged them a fiver for each of the rods (they were each using 3) and when they forked over he told them that unless they move the baits back into their own half of the water, they will be asked to pay for the rods again as the swims they occupy cannot be used!

After paying Andrew £15.00 each - they decided to find another water!

Funny thing is, I went over there and had a good day in the margins!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription