main line

cheers folks thanks for the advice, ill have a look around. ive used sensor before i forgot all about that one and ive heard good things about nash bullet so ive got plenty to go at thanks again lads

scott

Scott Ive used both Maxima Chamelion and Daiwa Sensor a lot over the years other than price they are very similar lines.Whilst they have a good abraision resistance they certainly wont be up to what you describe.

I cant comment on the Nash stuff but dont get too sucked in by makers claims! What lines are the other guys in your syndicate using sucsessfully to combat the problem? Im sure they would share info like this with you when its down to fish welfare.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Scott Ive used both Maxima Chamelion and Daiwa Sensor a lot over the years other than price they are very similar lines.Whilst they have a good abraision resistance they certainly wont be up to what you describe.

I cant comment on the Nash stuff but dont get too sucked in by makers claims! What lines are the other guys in your syndicate using sucsessfully to combat the problem? Im sure they would share info like this with you when its down to fish welfare.

one lad i spoke to was using krystonite but i dont really like it. to be honest i didnt even think to ask anyone else suppose i should ask them.

cheers mate

I'm not even sure if the Trilene Big Game line is sold in the UK but without having tried any of the others recommended here (none of them are readily available in the States), I have to say that if it is, it would be worth trying.

The line is purpose made for exactly the sort of conditions you describe. Not as limp as many other lines but I can't think of a single line where some feature was not given up to make it better for other things.

I know it is a favourite of California and Florida shore anglers who fish in similar conditions and the fact it has remained on the market and unchanged for quite a few years says to me that it is effective.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I'm not even sure if the Trilene Big Game line is sold in the UK but without having tried any of the others recommended here (none of them are readily available in the States), I have to say that if it is, it would be worth trying.

The line is purpose made for exactly the sort of conditions you describe. Not as limp as many other lines but I can't think of a single line where some feature was not given up to make it better for other things.

I know it is a favourite of California and Florida shore anglers who fish in similar conditions and the fact it has remained on the market and unchanged for quite a few years says to me that it is effective.

Yep Newt big game is still sold in the UK. It isn't as popular anymore but it's still my prefered main line. I use it in 15lb and have a couple of very large bulk spools of it. It also seems to last forever, either on the reel, or on the bulk spools.

Rob.