Speed Cams

hoppy

Right fellas, I thought you might be interested in this piece of info.

Did you know that recent Government legislation changing the Freedom of

Information Acts gives you access to speed camera offences registered within

the last twelve months and placed on a freely accessible website? Did you

know that every time your car goes even over a mile or so over

the speed limit, it is registered and placed on the database? They only send

a ticket if you are way over, OR (and here is the catch!) if you receive

over 20 "near misses") You can now check how many you have against your

car's registered number.

Check this webpage out

http://www.e-database.co.uk

It will ask you for a password - but just click on the 'need a login' link

and you'll be given one in a pop-up window. In the top right hand corner

there is a "click-on" window and it even shows the picture taken by the speed camera.

Hope it checks out for yoos lot, mine was ok except for a couple of times by about 3 mph...PHEW...Sweat Over...hoppy

[ 20. October 2005, 12:06 AM: Message edited by: hoppy ]

My Wine cellar is empty, Well, the Bottles in there are...Hic

It got me four days before I was supposed to have driven from Western Australia to Middlesborough, so I don't think that it was very accurate!LOL

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Rumour always had it that in some forces there was a 10% tolerance. It's not worth a £60 fine and 3 points to rely on that though, as I found out to my cost a few months ago... :(

The copper was well chuffed when he found out that I spend my working days soliciting (in the lawyerish way...) :D One for the lads back at the station...

[ 20. October 2005, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Westie ]

Westie.

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Visit My Photo Gallery

Hi all

talking about cops etc,i was driving about today and saw a cop driving a silver nissan(tame grandma car)

it would have been better for him and the rest of them if they would just wear differant clothes (without the number tags on the shoulders)of the shirts.

not very undercover(it usaully changes from white or blue shirt but still the tags show toooo well to be effective.

he was topping 80mph in a 60 and no sign of flashing lights etc tut tut

i still see cops hiding on blind corners isnt that intrapment as i was told they have to be visable considering the speed clock can have you before you see them anyway on straight roads :D

having 20-20 vision and told not too return to the eyeman till im 70+ so i can see them from very long distances too :D

sg

[ 20. October 2005, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: billy5000 ]

Jim Gibbinson:

I've discovered a 100%, sure-fire way of avoiding speed-camera fixed-penalty fines/points.

Drive within the speed limit.

It works!

Tell that to the bus driver round here who was recently clocked at 140mph, or something ridiculous, in a vehicle that would struggle to reach 60mph

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE