Best & Worst ever

MickJ

Being old fashioned, the only fast food I rate is good old Fish & Chips from the traditional British run chippy. The Chinese just do not seem to have the right nack.

The best I can remember recently were from Busy Lizzies in Skipton.

The worst were at Regents Park Zoo restaurant, many years ago, many more than I care to admit. They had been re-heated and the fat just oozed from the batter when you pressed your knife on it. The chips were thin, limp and greasy. Not an experience I would like to repeat.

I had always believed, probably through propaganda, that our Nations Capitol had the best and biggest of everything. My test of this theory shot it to pieces at the very first attempt.

So what are your Best & Worst?

Mick - http://www.jackfish.net

The impossible I do at once, miracles take a little bit longer.

Hardly a fair comparison, go into any similar(to RP Zoo) establishment anywhere in the country and I would expect the fish and chips to be rubbish, you have to compare it with a proper chippy.

Guest sslatter

There's a chippy in North London that's famous for its matzo meal batter, which serves up brilliant fish 'n chips, sometimes with a queue of 75 people waiting. I've been there a few times, but for the life of me, I can't remember exactly where it is! It wasn't that far from Kingsbury, but I just cannot remember.

Regarding chinese, the two best by far I ever had were a tiny little place in Ibiza, closely followed by "Tai-Pan" in Kensington, with the brilliant Eddie "Artificial" Lim as proprietor.

The worst? Too many to mention.

[ 27. February 2005, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Graham. X ]

Worse Fish n chips was Harry Ramsdens in Glasgow, had plenty of good ones all over though

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best i remember was a wee Italian chippy in Dingwall--- worst been to many!!!

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

Best Chippy

The Mermaid in Hastings the Cook comes from Cadiz where they know how to fry fish.

Worst any Haary Ramsdens on a Motorway Service station

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.