Port Logan boat fishing - angling pressure

Snatcher

"How sure are you that the demise of bass in the area is down to anglers and not other factors"

There are still some very good marks that along the Bay that not many people are privy too. These area's still consistently produce good numbers and sizes fish, a good shore caught bass up this way is nine pounds, although I haven't had a good one yet this year I've released a similar number as this time last year.

A boon up here in the bay, is that there is no commercial pressure on them, and never has been.

"A bit more background or explanation certainly would'nt go amiss"

There is little to add to my original post, what I have stated is correct, Snatcher was asked by me, very politley to stop giving out over the internet bass marks he had been taken to. He responded to my email saying that he had been to free with these marks and would knock it on the head. Within weeks someone on WSF asked about Bass/Luce Bay, guess who was the first to respond with " I'll send you a PM mate".

Since my original post on here and the same response I made over on WSF, I have had quite a few emails and PM's from angler who have supported entirely my initial response. One was from a respected angler, known to Snatcher and I quote...

"Just a wee note to applaud yer post about Snatcher...I was trying to say exactly the same thing as you did ....he def doesnt help himself does he??

If he kept his mouth shut and didnt as you say, Try to be the man....he'd be a very well respected member of the Luce Bay "fraternity" instead of being seen as a daft old bugger. One that I still like BTW"

So it's not just me that thats got the humph, it's just maybe that I'm more forward with stating what has needed saying.

I and others have spent a hell of a lot of time on the beach searching for good marks, to see your efforts ruined in such a short time is a very bitter pill to swallow. I could go on and lecture about the life cycle/growth rate of bass, pair trawlers in the Souwest Approaches, but I'm sure you've read enough lol.

Snatcher

"I do not air dirty washing in public"

No? but you have been quick enough before to post about what was given in confidence to you.

"this has turned into a mud slinging debacle"

No, it's the truth, and if you are not willing to accept genuine criticism for your posts on the net, perhaps you ought to think a little more before you do make a post

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do dispair at human nature sometimes. I do not air dirty washing in public or make false accusations about anyone,I have been raised different to that. My apologies to the mods that this has turned into a mud slinging debacle. You know where I will be for the next 5/6 weeks so for further clarification on the matter I highly recommend that you call in any see me face to face.

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I've just had a look on WSF and the overiding conclusion on there is that nobody should be surprised at the amount of anglers and boats when Luce Bay and the Drumore penninsula are mentioned and advertised so much on the internet where anyone can put together local marks and information together for their trip

Thats no different to anywhere else though is it

I've just had a look on WSF and the overiding conclusion on there is that nobody should be surprised at the amount of anglers and boats when Luce Bay and the Drumore penninsula are mentioned and advertised so much on the internet where anyone can put together local marks and information together for their trip

Thats no different to anywhere else though is it

Here is a prime example.

http://www.sacn.org.uk/Opinion/Bigger_Bass_Better_Days.html

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Yes I see what you mean, magazines were the internet of their day and hotspots and well kept secrets were soon published in order to sell copy

I'd still be a bit miffed though if privilidged information I'd provided ended up in a magazine or on an internet forum and then cocked up my fishing for me

I think this thread has served it's purpose. Unfortunately two members of the Forum are now at loggerheads and I trust that they shall meet soon and settle their differences. The damage has been done and we cannot turn the clock back.

I know Snatcher very well and have spent many happy times with him ashore and afloat. He loves the MOG and its people and I hope he doesn't mind me saying that, in this case his generosity has backfired and that "marks" given in confidence should remain so.

I have not met Manxman but know he has a passion for bass fishing and has had considerable success in both the IOM and the MOG. He is very much a C&R angler who has guided many a novice to his first bass and who understands the danger to our sport of killing undersize fish as he witnessed on the MOG.

Both Snatcher and Manxman are, I understand, virtually residents of Drummore now and I would ask them to please get together,resolve their differences and enjoy that most beautiful part of Scotland they both call "Gods Country".

Edited by gannet

Safety habits last a lifetime.