losing intrest in fishing

Tyke

Ratty46:

aint it the best when you stop and come back!!! and find you aint lost it,you still remeber what to do, how to fish...oh i love it!!

Amen. It gets better.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How some folk can maintain an interest in angling beats me! Its the unthinking guys who arrive at the same location, the same swim, unthinkingly tackle up, unthinkingly lob their baits out, and then unthinkingly stand there, waiting for the fish to hook themselves, or gorge the bait, whilst unthinkingly relying on electronics to tell them that it has done so. That has to be a recipe for boredom.

good anglers are always thinking, good anglers adapt, bad anglers cant adapt and are therefore stuck in somewhat of a cycle,hence i could never fish for just one species,becuase that cycle would bore me!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

I do miss fishing for Tench, ok there are Tench in most of the waters i fish but its always the Carp that take your bait before a decent Tench gets a look in.

And when i do catch a tench over 3 lbs it is usually hollow bellied and underweight as it cannot compete for food as well as the greedy carp.

I would rather catch a 5lb Tench than a 15lb carp anyday.

Yes i would love to fish a Tench pond like the one Chris yates fished on a passion for Angling .

Im going to Wakefield next thursday to fish a place that i havent fished for more than 15 years.

Its a small place called Flanshaw dam and i have a lot of happy childhood memories of the place.

My mate as managed to get me a days fishing there even though its not a day ticket water anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Well on Thursday i went to Wakefield and met my old mate Gazz and we took my brother in law Tim fishing with us to Acton pond near Pontefract.

My bro in law hasent fished for about 15 years or more so i loaned him some tackle and set him all up.

Acton pond is a cracking fishery with 22 well spaced pegs and plenty of reeds and features to fish against.

Tthere are also various shelters dotted around the pond to sit in if it starts raining.

We all cought fish on various baits and bites came steady throuhout the day.

I had my first Golden Tench and plenty of carp upto the pound mark which are great fun on the Drennan light waggler rod and 2lb line :D

Tim had plenty of Koi carp and really enjoyed his day out.

I gave him a rod and reel and various bits of tackle and i hope he builds on this and becomes a regular visitor on the bankside.

Im looking forward to fishing Acton pond again and at £3 a day its good value.

On sunday im going to give the pond ive joined another bash as i feel a lot more up for it now ive had a enjoyable session elsewhere.

i just hope this wind drops as the place is a bit of a wind tunnel.

does this mean your cured. or should we still be locking away sharp implements and hiding the paracetemol and removing your belt and shoe laces from you,reading your thread i nearly had the noose around my neck with depression,any more talk like that first thread then somebody slap him please.

tench wot a lovely fish. thats wot im fishing for this year trying 2 beat my pb of 5lb 12oz from a hard tench water.keeps me thinking on the best way 2 catch them and varying everything i do untill i get it right.ive even been getting up at 3.30 in the morning 2 go (missus thinks im crazy :) )

• 2 months later...

Andy Macfarlane , ive taken your advice about taking a novice Angler fishing.

The next door neighbours 16 year old lad went on holiday and was watching someone fishing and nattered his dad for a rod.

His dad bought him the dreadfull 2 part fibreglass 6 foot starter rod :(

I told him to bin it and adviced him to buy a cheap pole set which he did for around £30.

Im taking him for his first session on sunday and hopefully we will get the roach going and the odd small tench.

If he gets the bug his dad will get him a float rod and more tackle for christmas e.t.c

Ill just take him for a 2 or 3 hour session first and see how keen he is.

Ive loaned him some fishing dvds and books to whet is appettite.

Watch this space.