St George

corydoras

We all know that St George is the Patron Saint of England, but did you know that he is also Patron Saint of Portugal. Who will the saint smile on on Thursday night, England or Portugal?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another silly question

England of course.....

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

your showing an awful lot of interest in england all of a sudden corydoras! maybe it`s because were winning again.was a bit different last week when you could`nt wait to put the boot in when we lost to your adopted country france!!!!!!

oh and the saint will smile on our boys all the way to the final.

then win it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets just get a couple of things straight here mon ami. France is not my 'adopted country'. I am a Scot who was married to a French lady. All of my in-laws and an awful lot of family are therefore French. Both my kids live in France and have done since my ex and I got divorced three years ago. My son (now eight) does not even remember the first five years of his life that he spent in England.

Given that, who the hell am I meant to support if England are playing France? My little boy would probably never speak to me again if I supported Engleterre. I won't be made to feel that I should be locked up in the Tower just because I refuse to chant Eng-ul-und, Eng-ul-und when England are playing some other team.

I France were playing Scotland I would be split down the middle trying to decide who to support.

Having said all that I am genuinely GLAD that England have made it through to the next round and I am looking forward to a France v England final. I will be in France then so I can pop over the road to the bar and watch it on the big telly, and you can bet that I'll be shouting ZIZOU ZIZOU ZIZOU with the best of them when Zidane sticks it in the back of your net!

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

erm..I think you'll find thats IN - GER - LAND

eng ul lund??...what...sheeeesh

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

awaaar:

erm..I think you'll find thats IN - GER - LAND

eng ul lund??...what...sheeeesh

Whatever, both sound terrible. Those that cannot pronounce their countries name properly should face travel bans

lets get another thing straight then shall we!

we don`t need your support. and it will be you and your french buddies that will be crying in your local bar,thats if `YOUR LOT` get to the final!!!!!!!!!!!!

shout zizou all you like, the french side have had their bit of luck ,it`s now our turn!!!!!!!!!!!

bring em on come on england!!!!!!!!!!!

eng ul lund...eng ul lund...eng ul lund!!!!!

those stavros's'll take care of the froggies!!!...

ing - er - land all the way!

- WC Fields