SATURDAY WITH THE YOUNG GUNS ON SEA-OTTER 2

big_cod

Ita allways great to see the youngsters catching fish but these young 2 lads showed the elders how to do it with near on perfect condions on saturday i had my once a year team on from poole in dorcet and rob had his 2 lads with him young jamie and daniel both a naturals at catching fish as they got among the cod they both managed some reallly nice fish on the shads when jamie first came up with his dad 2 years ago he managed a 25lb ling on his very 1st trip on a charterboat he has grown some what since then .

Daniel managed this nice plump cod then 5 minuites later got another really nice fish

june2009003.jpg

june2009001.jpg

Jamie wasnt to be left out but his younger brother got the biggist.

june2009002.jpg

A couple of fish from yesterdays trip we were working the the wrecks to the south of whitby they can fish very well this time of year we werent no further thna 2 to 3 miles from the shore its deep water close in you can see robinhoods bay in the background.

Dave with his double figure cod.

june1st001-1.jpg

Local boy pete clarkson the snap doesnt show the fish in good light but it touched double figures

june1st003-1.jpg

paul.

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Some cracking Cod, :thumbs: well done to those young anglers. :camera:

Paul, please please leave me some for the Whitby Summer Boat Fishing Festival. :fish:

Yes john allways great to see the youngsters getting amoung the fish had a ling today just under 20lb and a few cod into double figures the algie is now on its way out just as the bleeding weather is on the turn

june2009001-1.jpg

Mick the organizer got some quality cod.

june2009002-1.jpg

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

It's good to see the kids involved after all they're the future and without them we'd be a bunch of old farts and part of a dying breed

It's frighting how easily and how quick they pick it up when shown, I had a mate of my son's out with me on Monday night and first time in a boat and a thousand questions. "How will I know when I get a bite" and all the others but after a bite and his first fish he never asked any more, he just got on with it

Surprising how quick he picks up the lingo as well, "I'm in", sounded like an old pro after a couple of fish

If we all got one youngster interested every year then angling will be safe for generations to come

It's good to see the kids involved after all they're the future and without them we'd be a bunch of old farts and part of a dying breed

It's frighting how easily and how quick they pick it up when shown, I had a mate of my son's out with me on Monday night and first time in a boat and a thousand questions. "How will I know when I get a bite" and all the others but after a bite and his first fish he never asked any more, he just got on with it

Surprising how quick he picks up the lingo as well, "I'm in", sounded like an old pro after a couple of fish

If we all got one youngster interested every year then angling will be safe for generations to come

Brian i was amaized at young daniel how much of natural he was with a rod in his hand his dad rob showed him how to work a shad it wasnt long before his first cod of the day came aboard a fish of about 7lb he looked at me and said that is my first ever cod i arnt sure just how many he got but he defernetly showed the elders how its done he is now hooked for life great to see.

paul.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Some cracking Cod, :thumbs: well done to those young anglers. :camera:

Paul, please please leave me some for the Whitby Summer Boat Fishing Festival. :fish:

Ok then john not to long to the big one once again its been fishing very well and there have been some cracking cod allready this year got a feeling its going to be a 20lb plus cod again this festival that takes the £5000 but there have been one or two better ling popping there heads out lets hope this sorid weather we have got now sorts itself out looking at the forcast we wont get to sea till next week you cant beleive it for this time of year when were off on tuesday you could see the water actually changeing colour from a greeny colour to a lovelly blue the shads would have hammered it this week fantastic sport on light gear but the weather is up to its tricks once again.

paul.

Untitled-1.jpg

Some cracking fish, well done.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek