vitalin in swimfeeder ?!?!?!

ok because of the lack of cash for fishing i have bought some vitalin after hearing wonders bout it...... i was just wondering how do you use it in an open ended swim feeder and how to prepare it etc...

is it ok on its own and wetted ....or add stuff to it .....

Im fishing for small carp to bout 10lb and tench and bream!!!

advice would be greatly appreciated cheers!!!!!

I have used vitalin as a method mix,it is very sticky and stays as a ball for a long time,it stinks as well so I mix it outside.you will have to mix it with water as it is very dry straight out of the bag,you can add other ingredient to it.

Edited by dapper64

Because of the tack (stickiness) of vitalin, I wouldn't use it on any feeder other than a method feeder.

It swells to a significant degree, so I'd always wet it, sqeeze out some of the excess moiture afterwards and then add a little hemp sweetcorn and beadcrumb to it.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

i have used it in a cage feeder and put it to plug either end with pellets in the middle on a gravel pit for carp and with bolies or pellet on a hair and it seems to have worked ok, well i caught carp any way. it does the job like a method mix ie it does not explode out the feeder like active ground baits so if what you want is to use feeder fishing tactics for bream tench etc it may not be the best, but for carp it works well. i like to add some flavour to it just to make it a bit more attractive.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

It's a great feeder bait and it does have some large particles in it which, as has already been said, swell up when made wet.

I blitz the dry Vitalin in a food processor to make the bits smaller then mix it with a little cooked hempseed to make a groundbait and add sweetcorn and carp pellets to make a method feed.

It's deadly stuff and very effective.

Our chief weapon is surprise

I would suggest liquidising it to, then you could mix it with some crushed and grilled hemp to help it explode out of the feeder, it really does take on alot of water though, but is very good. If you have a bulk animal feed place near you then you could get some brown crumb to mix with it, plus some hemp/sweetcorn/pellets etc, it takes added particles really well for balling in.