'lo

Hooker

Hi all :)

Another born again fisherman takes to the waters!

I haven't thrown a line in a few years.. used to do a mix of sea, dam and river fishing back in South Africa, haven't had the pleasure of hooking a fish here in the UK yet, ubless you include the fish counter at Sainsburys.

I'm doing a bit of shopping by eye at the moment, reading lots of reviews on rods 'n reels for carp, bream and maybe some barbel... (polite) suggestions welcomed ;)

See u about!

Cheers

----

First day's fishing - 21/07/08

Caught so far: 6 tiddly little bass (released)

Hi hooker and welcome to Anglersnet.

I like your fish.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi hooker and welcome to Anglersnet.

I like your fish.

Thanks Newt.

Would love to take credit for robo-fish but I nicked it from the national geographic site ;)

----

First day's fishing - 21/07/08

Caught so far: 6 tiddly little bass (released)

Knowing what to nick and where to nick it from is an art form these days. :D

If you post questions in the coarse section, you should have plenty of answers. We have several members from London and at least another half-dozen who can at least spell it. :fishing:

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Knowing what to nick and where to nick it from is an art form these days. :D

If you post questions in the coarse section, you should have plenty of answers. We have several members from London and at least another half-dozen who can at least spell it. :fishing:

Hi Newt - I am a new member and glad to see your comment about spelling. Not that good spelling catches more fish, but I can't help wondering whether those who think they are involved in 'course' fishing really know what they are doing! But as someone who enjoys all forms of fishing, I don't like the term 'coarse' fishing anyway, as catching tench, barbel or chub on light tackle in clear water takes as much finesse as casting a fly to a suicidal trout. Mind you, 'pig-fishing', which is what hauling in those ugly fat carp looks like, seems pretty 'coarse' to me and having come back to 'bait fishing' after some years, I don't like what the development of 'commercial' fisheries has done to the spirit of angling - too much emphasis on technology and the size of the catch. Quiet places and mixed bags for me, but it takes all sorts ....

By the way, if Hooker has not already thought about it, he should consider joining the London Anglers' Association for access to a variety of interesting waters.

Thanks for moderating the website. Mike

Hi Mike, welcome to AN.

There are a few of us 'like minded' members (in regard to commercials) on AN.

As for being called 'coarse', I've been called far worse things in my time. ;)

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John