Pop Up - Chod Rig help

Bez8

Hi All

Im in need of some help :wallbash:

My local lake has a natural baits only rule and the bottom is very silty.

I have been told the chod rig is the best option on the water, but i cant use a boilie and my knowledge is pretty limited when it comes to this kind of method.

Can i somehow pop up a natural bait with foam ? I have been fishing with a running lead and pva bags recently on the lake and have blanked everytime.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Nick

Hi All

I have been told the chod rig is the best option on the water, but i cant use a boilie and my knowledge is pretty limited when it comes to this kind of method.

Can i somehow pop up a natural bait with foam ? I have been fishing with a running lead and pva bags recently on the lake and have blanked everytime.

Cheers

Nick

What about drilling out a tiger nut and filling it with cork? They're both natural and the cork would add bouyancy.

I suspect you may have to introduce the tigers over a period of time to get the fish accustomed to them, but where they're allowed, I've found tigernut over a particle bed has caught me my fair share.

The chod rig has been described a few times on here, and is a variation of the helicopter rig. Just use a short, stiff hook length.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• 1 year later...

Hi

You could get a cork ball stick maggots all around it (Medusa) and use that, as you would a pop up. That would fit a chod rig.

Cant think of any thing else but if I do I will pop it up.

Cheers

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Hi

You could get a cork ball stick maggots all around it (Medusa) and use that, as you would a pop up. That would fit a chod rig.

Cant think of any thing else but if I do I will pop it up.

Cheers

STC

Fake boilie with a natural bait in front? Not sure if thats going to contravene the rules but its one way

Hi All

Cheers

Nick

Why not just use foam on its own? I have caught using a piece of black popped up foam in he past.

You could also try bread discs. Bread needs to be sliced and fresh. You need a hollow cylinder with the diameter of disc required, you can get big bread punches but many use an old pole bung.

Put your needle through a few discs and thread into your hair - secure with hair stop and use a bit of dissolving foam nipped around hook.

The bread swells up and is bouyant so pops its self up - it is also bery visable to any passing carp

Dont worry - it will stay on for hours if not nibble by roach or rudd.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!