Hooligans disturb swim

me

A couple of bricks, or a couple of canoes? Frodo, these brick lobbing yobs were enjoying the water in their way. No, I'm not saying that canoists are yobs, far from it. But either way it spoils the chances of good sport for the angler.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it possible that you weren't seen? A few weeks ago I was fishing for grayling at a bend in the river. A young couple was walking along the trail adjucent to my swim. While I could see and hear them coming I doubt they could see me. They were skipping rocks across my swim. I grabbed my bag and made a move they finally took notice and I was standing in broad daylight. This couple I know weren't being inconciderate. Just enjoying a day out. Sounds like it was different for you. There is always one in every family. :D

Find places off the beaten path and you won't see many if any people at all. Fish are under less pressure as well and you might catch more.

[ 11. January 2004, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: Dvarcet ]

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Thanks for the support Jeepster. Actually no humour was intended. Frodo has suggested that we should be more willing to share what we have with others, namely canoists. But the end result, whether it be a malicious brick, or a friendly canoe, can be just the same.

It can be argued that canoists are selfish in wanting to force their way onto fisheries that anglers pay for. Equally it can be argued that us anglers are selfish in not wanting to be disturbed.

Okay, so I'm being pedantic in suggesting that brick throwers are only enjoying the lake in their own way, just as canoists want to.

One form of disturbance is acceptable, the other is not, and that is what it boils down to. Frodo's posting came over as double standards, but that was in the heat of the mement!!

Maybe I was lucky but the exact same thing happened to me a couple of local yobs, and yes they knew what they were doing,chucked a couple of bricks in but in my case it actually improved the fishing must of stirred up the bottom coz it was only about 3ft deep and the bricks were complete house bricks.

sorry it did;nt have the same effect on your swim nathan.

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

Peter Waller:

It can be argued that canoists are selfish in wanting to force their way onto fisheries that anglers pay for. Equally it can be argued that us anglers are selfish in not wanting to be disturbed.

Just a thought, but on the Cele in the South of France there is an agreement where canoeing only takes place between 11.00 and 4.00 (I think) and anglers have the river to themselves the rest of the time.