Fish Weights

Elton

Posted on behalf of col bridewell:

quote:

please can you tell me what DRMS means in ref to fish weights? many thanks

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• 4 years later...
Drams, (spelling?) 1 dram is 1/8 of an ounce, or about 3.88 grams.

Desperately important if you're claiming the stickleback record, or doing a very small drug deal!

There are either 8 drams or 16 drams to the ounce depending on whether you are using the apothecaries weight system or avoirdupois. I believe fish are weighed using avoirdupois, 16 oz to the pound etc. rather than apothecaries, 12 troy ounces to the troy pound, therefore I believe the measure in question is 1/16 of an ounce. Have a look here if you desperately want to check it out.

http://home.clara.net/brianp/weights.html

This reply is from Robin's Dad, who is very old, and not from Robin. I remember all this stuff from the back of my exercise book in the Primary School. Anybody want to know about bushels and pecks and rods, poles and perches? I suppose most of you know a lot about rods, poles and perches anyway ( 5 1/2 yards if you didn't.)

Hurrah for the metric system!!!!!

• 3 years later...

Col,

I bet this is what you are talking about. A seafood processing ship. It was originally a military craft in WWII.

"Zeus was sold 1 August 1974 by the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service to Mickey Jones for commercial service as a salmon processor and freight ship, whereupon she was renamed Cape St. Elias. Sold to Snopac Products in 1986 for service as frozen fish freighter in Alaska. Again sold in 1988 to Icicle Seafoods, she was renamed Coastal Star, and served as a seafood processing ship in Alaska. In December 2005 she was resold to Snopac Products, renamed Snopac Innovator and is currently in service as a seafood processing ship."

There was talk in the US of converting other drydock ships to DRMS craft.

Phone

(maybe, I see the inclusion of the word "weights") Now I'm in a quandry?

Edited by Phone

All,

Come on!!

5000 views and 3 comments. I'm curious myself? What'dya think?

Phone

Seven years after the OP and you still can't spell defence! B)

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

We saythe fence here!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Worms,

I always knowed you'ns talked funny. Yu'all didnt have to say nuttin.

Phone

(What I hate the most is your prolific waste of perfectly good "u's" after an "o") As in "color"

But phone, a waste would be not to use them...they are there, they are free and they are wonderfuly good vowels....and we can spell and pronounce aluminium and spell lieutenant....both with a perfectly good "U" even if the latter is a silent one!

Yo Yanks, when will yo ever learn?.....