Ricky Hatton

awaaar

Harrison will never be a classy fighter - the BBC don't even prime-time him - why - because he's a big single punch fighter that when he eventually gets a decent opponent (and a good whack on the chin) will go down like the worlds biggest sack of spuds. I don't doubt he'll be a world champion someday, but it will be for the easiest of the 6 or 7 recognised titles out there....

But even boxing will struggle to reach it's glory days. Look at the SKY fights. How many are the older style brawls where a guy could go down three, five or more times over upto 15 rounds....

I've grown up around boxing (dads a coach, judge, and referee). Better coverage of the amateur sport, which is very entertaining (Although very different from pro-boxing) is also needed!

Ian W

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of you guys interested in a video tape of Part of the "Fight of the Century" and all of "The Thrilla in Manila"? Both featuring Ali and Frazier.

I have quite a few of them here for sale. If anyone is interested I could investigate the cost of sending them out to the UK. I think that I could probably get them to you for a maximum of about five quid each. The "Thrilla in Manila" is claimed by many to be the best heavy weight fight ever!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

hi chevin ive got them already thanks,i bet you were gutted about tszu losing but he is and always be remembered as one of the most exciting and dedicated boxers of the modern era.

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

got them to, along with

Vs Terrell

Vs Liston

Vs Patterson

Vs Spinks

Vs Foreman

Vs Cooper

Vs Chuvalo

Vs Williams

Vs Bugner

I could go on!

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

OK, no problem guys. The postage from here doesn't make them a very attractive proposition anyway.

Actually I don't really follow the fight scene these days so I never knew anything about the tszu fight until I saw about it here. Is there a return fight?

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

i believe it was in the contract.tszyu has sacked his trainer

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

I wasn't aware of that. Since I retired I hardly ever see a news paper so I miss a lot of that kind of news - I also miss a lot of the depressing news too so it's not too bad a trade off! :)

I did see that Tyson got beaten last night though and that he has decided to retire. Good news on both fronts I think! I was surprised to learn that Jeff Fenech is or was his trainer though!

[ 12. June 2005, 09:25 AM: Message edited by: chevin ]

Yup. Iron Mike had it when he went to prison but never got it back after he was released. Good decision on his part to find another line of work.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Used to be the baddest man on the planet, now he's just the baddest punch bag on the planet...

as well as being a convicted rapist....

My mum could knock him spark out.....

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields