yaking on a friday

bilythebass

:mellow: hello fine members ' well friday night and it looks verfy fishy out at sea

and a good night to get wet!!! hope not ' bass mabee present ?? hope so!! ........

thinkin .. am i goin for beer?... and then again .. beer tomorrow.. football n beer later..

tonight we fish for sheer pleasure and the fight of fiesty little bass [ CATCN N RELEASE ] ..well mabee a wee photo..

speaking of photos heres ma baby

hobie1.jpg

old pic from last week in the river [ alde ] .. goin in sea tonight ... she s still a sea virgin

hope she s as excited as me.. CMON PPL .. GET OUT THERE AND GET SOME ... :D:D

:mellow: hello fine members ' well friday night and it looks verfy fishy out at sea

and a good night to get wet!!! hope not ' bass mabee present ?? hope so!! ........

thinkin .. am i goin for beer?... and then again .. beer tomorrow.. football n beer later..

tonight we fish for sheer pleasure and the fight of fiesty little bass [ CATCN N RELEASE ] ..well mabee a wee photo..

speaking of photos heres ma baby

hobie1.jpg

old pic from last week in the river [ alde ] .. goin in sea tonight ... she s still a sea virgin

hope she s as excited as me.. CMON PPL .. GET OUT THERE AND GET SOME ... :D:D

just as a matter of interest which football team do ya support

• 3 months later...

Hi Billy, That anchor trolley system might cause you some grief. The bungee and pulley system you have there could lead to the point of anchoring being too far back from the bows for safety. It's best to have the anchor point as far forward as possible to prevent the kayak going sideways on to the current. This can cause it to roll in certain circumstances. I would suggest that you turn it round so that the pulley and bungee are at the back. Also, consider fitting a means of trapping the trolley rope if you haven't already. This stops it creeping back when you haul the anchor.

Regards, Clive

Hi Billy, That anchor trolley system might cause you some grief. The bungee and pulley system you have there could lead to the point of anchoring being too far back from the bows for safety. It's best to have the anchor point as far forward as possible to prevent the kayak going sideways on to the current. This can cause it to roll in certain circumstances. I would suggest that you turn it round so that the pulley and bungee are at the back. Also, consider fitting a means of trapping the trolley rope if you haven't already. This stops it creeping back when you haul the anchor.

Hi Clive - I think Billy anchors from the stern as do most of us on our part of the coastline. I couldn't be pulling a fish in over my shoulder, does look like it could do with a cleat or two. Hows the macski ?

Hi Clive - I think Billy anchors from the stern as do most of us on our part of the coastline. I couldn't be pulling a fish in over my shoulder, does look like it could do with a cleat or two. Hows the macski ?

That would explain it. Not something I do myself. If I'm anchored I usually fish side-saddle.

The Macski's fine thanks. I got round to filling and painting the hull this year. After four years of bumping and grinding the bottom over rocks and shingle I treated her to a new trolley and paint job. She's just hoping for a more settled winter than we've had summer.

Regards, Clive

:mellow: hi clive ,nice to meet you, thanks for advice ,just like the man said ,i anchor the back of yak

have been in open sea with yak ..and so far[ so good ] and been fine ! but bungee at back might be better,as yet no probs ... on the revolution there is bungee style handles that holds the paddle in place on the left [where i always anchor from ] i simply put one turn of trolley cord and then bungee down ..that seems to hold it ...but you have me thinkin now!! ;) billy

:mellow: hi clive ,nice to meet you, thanks for advice ,just like the man said ,i anchor the back of yak

have been in open sea with yak ..and so far[ so good ] and been fine ! but bungee at back might be better,as yet no probs ... on the revolution there is bungee style handles that holds the paddle in place on the left [where i always anchor from ] i simply put one turn of trolley cord and then bungee down ..that seems to hold it ...but you have me thinkin now!! ;) billy

I don't see the point of bungee and pullies on an anchor trolley. The bungee is supposed to offer shock absorbing properties, but in reality your anchor line absorbs as much if not more shock than a few inches of bungee cord can. The pullies are designed for sailing vessels where ropes are hauled under heavy load. I've never hauled my trolley rope under any load. The anchor rope yes, but not the trolley rope.

I just have a trolley rope run from the bows to the stern through five 'U' brackets. It has enough slack to to run freely, and can be trapped in a zig-zag cleat to stop it tracking back when hauling against a stuck anchor. No bungee, no pulleys, nice and simple. :)

The anchor line is trapped by a cam cleat. Again, nice and simple. The anchor rope is marked so that once I have the marked part in my hand I can trap it in the cleat then haul the trolley back to me and the anchor will come to hand tight against the anchor rope. The anchor is then secured to the yak handle with a sail tie and can be quickly re-deployed one-handed if necessary.

Regards, Clive

I don't see the point of bungee and pullies on an anchor trolley. The bungee is supposed to offer shock absorbing properties, but in reality your anchor line absorbs as much if not more shock than a few inches of bungee cord can. The pullies are designed for sailing vessels where ropes are hauled under heavy load. I've never hauled my trolley rope under any load. The anchor rope yes, but not the trolley rope.

I just have a trolley rope run from the bows to the stern through five 'U' brackets. It has enough slack to to run freely, and can be trapped in a zig-zag cleat to stop it tracking back when hauling against a stuck anchor. No bungee, no pulleys, nice and simple. :)

The anchor line is trapped by a cam cleat. Again, nice and simple. The anchor rope is marked so that once I have the marked part in my hand I can trap it in the cleat then haul the trolley back to me and the anchor will come to hand tight against the anchor rope. The anchor is then secured to the yak handle with a sail tie and can be quickly re-deployed one-handed if necessary.

Stick a pic up then Clive - lets see how you do it

Edited by essexbuoy