Chieftain

mr motorola

We've got a nice little trip coming up shortly on the boat (July1st-70hour) With 9 of us going this time i'm hoping for a cracking trip with lots of laughs along the way.

George rung me tonight and said the fishing was fantastic , lets hope the weather will hold out and produce some cracking fishing for us.

PS , Ivan Bell , would you like to make one with us? George will be contacting you shortly.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got a nice little trip coming up shortly on the boat (July1st-70hour) With 9 of us going this time i'm hoping for a cracking trip with lots of laughs along the way.

George rung me tonight and said the fishing was fantastic , lets hope the weather will hold out and produce some cracking fishing for us.

PS , Ivan Bell , would you like to make one with us? George will be contacting you shortly.

Lets hope it remains good as we are out on a 70 hr on the 14th August

Mr Motorola a report would be nice as we dont hear much from the chieftain these days

Lets hope it remains good as we are out on a 70 hr on the 14th August

Mr Motorola a report would be nice as we dont hear much from the chieftain these days

There should be a nice report headed your way if the fishing is on mate , pics and probably some vids too mate.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Guest challenge

Hi mate, was talking to George the other day (just after they had come in from a 94 hour trip) he said the fishing had been very good. I think that the local boats have been doing ok as well on the inshore grounds. George said that they had quite a few fish (cod) in the twenty pound + mark and he says that they have had 2 or 3 cod well over 30lb this year. I did read in our local rag and sore a photo of one of Georges anglers the other week with a 34lb cod. of course there was the usual news black out on the local forums about this event but there you go. come to think of it in the past 6 years that I know of there have been (George and I worked it out) 8 cod caught from Whitby angling boats that where over 30lb. guess what boat they where all caught on? coincidence or a point that our old late mate use to try and always put over. hope you make it number 9 mate.

Regards

P s got an invite of George to a trip on chieftain when ever I want, as long as I bring me filleting knife, so who knows old mate you might not have seen the last of me yet.

Edited by challenge

Hi mate, was talking to George the other day (just after they had come in from a 94 hour trip) he said the fishing had been very good. I think that the local boats have been doing ok as well on the inshore grounds. George said that they had quite a few fish (cod) in the twenty pound + mark and he says that they have had 2 or 3 cod well over 30lb this year. I did read in our local rag and sore a photo of one of Georges anglers the other week with a 34lb cod. of course there was the usual news black out on the local forums about this event but there you go. come to think of it in the past 6 years that I know of there have been (George and I worked it out) 8 cod caught from Whitby angling boats that where over 30lb. guess what boat they where all caught on? coincidence or a point that our old late mate use to try and always put over. hope you make it number 9 mate.

Regards

P s got an invite of George to a trip on chieftain when ever I want, as long as I bring me filleting knife, so who knows old mate you might not have seen the last of me yet.

Filleting and fishing are a speciality of yours John. I'm sure we'll see you onboard soon enough. I'm still practicing hard to catch you up on the filleting , maybe never beat you though.

Anything over 20 pound stamp would be more than appreciated by our gang (theres a couple of newbies coming) and it would be nice for them to pull their arms off with a biggie.

Nice to hear from you John and hope to see you soon.

Carl.

come to think of it in the past 6 years that I know of there have been (George and I worked it out) 8 cod caught from Whitby angling boats that where over 30lb. guess what boat they where all caught on? coincidence or a point that our old late mate use to try and always put over. hope you make it number 9 mate.

Regards

When you do John, drag me along as well. In particular if he will drop anchor and let a couple of pound of squid bounce down slowly with the tide into the wreck. :fishing1: can't make it till sept, bit busy :fishing1: till then. :D

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Unfortunately I had a trip with Shawn and his son Oliver booked on Sat from Ryhl and I cannot get anybody else to take them so I will have to give it a miss this time. :angry::angry:

If its as good as the 94 hr trip a couple of weeks ago you should do well, and your filling will be appreciated. :):)

Filleting and fishing are a speciality of yours John. I'm sure we'll see you onboard soon enough. I'm still practicing hard to catch you up on the filleting , maybe never beat you though.

Anything over 20 pound stamp would be more than appreciated by our gang (theres a couple of newbies coming) and it would be nice for them to pull their arms off with a biggie.

Nice to hear from you John and hope to see you soon.

Carl.

Good evening Carl.

May I suggest to get quicker than John over a sustained period perhaps an arm graft may be in order to bring the number up to 3 or possibly 4.

I also found his dexteritty with a knife admerable.

On the subject of better fish, It was my observation the few times I was aboard, they do seem to come to a perk fished without the accompanying decoration ie muppets and hockeyes above.

The latter was always the way to fill up with bulk and of cause nothing is hard and fast but that was just a trend I observed.

Any way , nice to hear from you, good luck with the trips, hope our old mate is still well.

If you get one with my name on It throw it back.

Once a gain good luck.

Charlie.

Will do Charlie , i'm sure there will be plenty coming up with your name on them.......i'll take a few if you don't mind though. :D:D

Will do Charlie , i'm sure there will be plenty coming up with your name on them.......i'll take a few if you don't mind though. :D:D

Hi Carl.

Have you seen anything of those sand eelers over the last couple of year, know one seems to mention them now days.

One would like to think they have packed up but I very much doubt it.

good luck with the fishing.

Regards

Charlie