Queen camilla

captain cojones

And While Im on one what is wrong with Charles.

I would personally not have a Monarchy but am more than willing to accept that the majority see some value in them so let it continue.

However the one member of the Royal family that I have time for is Charles. He does tremendous charity work (not just cutting ribons like most of the rest), he is capable of thinking and expressing opinions about some of the problems in the country and the world, and he geniunly seems to care about issues beyond his own self.

The whole Dianna saga was something created by the institution of the Monarchy rather than a problem created by Charles by himself. I actually think that if Monarchy had embraced the style of Charles a bit more then they would not have so many problems today.

(PS no coments about talking to plants please)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vagabond:

We need a monarch as never before - the alternative - President Blahr and Zippy from Rainbow as "first lady" - makes Charles and Camilla a very attractive proposition.

Couldn't agree more.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

"We need a monarch as never before - the alternative - President Blahr and Zippy from Rainbow as "first lady" - makes Charles and Camilla a very attractive proposition."

Absolute and utter bunkum why would the first minister need to become President, we could adopt several other republican constitutions where the president holds the office of head of state but does not hold executive powers.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Tony U:

"We need a monarch as never before - the alternative - President Blahr and Zippy from Rainbow as "first lady" - makes Charles and Camilla a very attractive proposition."

Absolute and utter bunkum why would the first minister need to become President, we could adopt several other republican constitutions where the president holds the office of head of state but does not hold executive powers.

What is the point of having a president with no executive powers for crying out loud?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Like in Germany, Italy, Eire, etc.?

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Like I said, what is the point?

Ooh you little xenophobe

Tony

Moi, xenophobique? You obviously don't know me. I spend half my time in France and speak French fluently. Both my kids, whilst being British live with thier French Mum in France and go to school over there.

If you are going to have a President then at least give him a proper job like Chirac has.

[ 22. March 2005, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

Why so dismissive of your European partners then.

All I am saying is that there are more than the Franco-american models for a republican state.

Tony

It doesn't matter what mealy mouthed title CPB is given after she marries Charles and after he becomes King. To the rest of the World she will be "The Queen of ENGERLUND"

If the UK Monarch has no executive power then his/her partner has even less so what is all the hot air about?

I think we should have a president like the Irish ie. a good looking bird to meet visiting dignitories off the train and take them to lunch. :rolleyes: