tactics for tomorrow

spud mckay

im going fishing tomorrow at my local pond,it as everything in it from roach to carp,the carp are qute shy there,

im useing my match rod and 3lb line on my reel,along with 16 hook,im only useing luncheon meat tomorrow

as any1 got any good advice for please about useing meat as my bait

You could try flavouring your hookbaits to make them stand out. Frying them in curry powder can work. Other than that try hair rigging the meat to try and fool those wary carp. Just tie a knotless knot and attach your hooklength with a micro swivel.

Can I ask why you are relying only on luncheon meat?

Effort equals reward!!

In my view to catch carp, I go for a different approach to it. I would arm myself with a quivertip rod with an open end feeder. in that feeder will be brown groundbait with sweetcorn, maggots and small pieces of luncheon meat all mix up. My hooklenght will be various breaking strenght from 3.6lbs - 5lb with a size 12 hook with a Korum bait screw to hold the luncheon meat.

Posted Image

Just bury the baitscrew in the luncheon meat and cast out to your chosen spot and wait. I find this hook/bait method is better than to find a bit of grass stalk to put under the lucheon meat to stop it flying off when casting.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Spud - PLEASE DON'T USE MY AVATAR - I AM KNOWN BY THAT AVATAR ON THIS SITE!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Elton - This is my third posting to this...person, can he not understand english?

[ 02. May 2005, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: kleinboet ]

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

spud mckay:

alright calm down its only a picture

As you noted - "only a picture" to you and one that he had added to the site since it meant a great deal to him.

Why don't you either pick one that isn't being used or else find one you like and send it to me for inclusion among the available avatar pics?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

Newt:

alright calm down its only a picture

As you noted - "only a picture" to you and one that he had added to the site since it meant a great deal to him.

Why don't you either pick one that isn't being used or else find one you like and send it to me for inclusion among the available avatar picks?

That the trouble when either a new person enter the site and after 10 post he/she allowed to have a Avatar. We ought to have a system where a avatar is belongs to a certain member and therefore a new member will have to chooses another one or get one of their own! :):D

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I personally think the way too pick an avatar isn't the best on here. On other forums you have the choice to upload your own, or pick from a set list (which can be used by anyone) Much better in my opinion :)

Sorry to hijack thread. If you're out hope you're catching loads

Dan