Angling Times Subscriptions

Anglers' Net

"If you’re a coarse or carp angler desperate for the hottest new ideas and venues that’ll help you get more bites, then Angling Times is for you!"

Aren't carp anglers regarded as coarse fisherman any longer, then? :o

"If you’re a coarse or carp angler desperate for the hottest new ideas and venues that’ll help you get more bites, then Angling Times is for you!"

The two have often been separated for quite some time now, much to the relief of Peter Waller :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

You beat me to it!

Now there is a leading question that could go on to fill many pages methinks :P

Edited by Worms

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

The two have often been separated for quite some time now, much to the relief of Peter Waller :D

And Gozzer, I shouldn't wonder... :)

As somebody who fishes for carp and other coarse fish, I find that this division suits my schizophrenia well.

No I don't.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

No! Carp anglers are proper talented anglers, everyone else are either noddies and wierdos. Why would you want to catch anything else?

Rich

No! Carp anglers are proper talented anglers, everyone else are either noddies and wierdos. Why would you want to catch anything else?

Rich

I don't know where to start with this one!!

Carp anglers can be talented but there are many who are lazy, glory hunters. With a self-hooking rig, a bite alarm to tell you when you got one and barbed hooks so it doesn't get off while you drag another low double to the net on 20lb braid...where is the skill?

As for catching nothing else, the worst example I have seen off this is a "carp angler" moaning with a face like a smacked arse as he grumpily returned a double figure bream, then beaming like an Olympic champion when photographing a 13lb common carp. Who's the noddy weirdo then Rich?

Carp anglers are just disappointed now because there are heavier fish, ie catfish and sturgeon in UK waters, possibly imported therefore no record but it won't be long before the carp record is also under scrutiny. Also there are harder fighting fish pound for pound, ie barbel which are more difficult to catch than the pigs with fins carp stocked into so many waters.

Give me the various species to catch rather than the monotany of carp!

Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day...teach a man to fish and he'll sit on the bank and smile!

Tweek - we don't have any rabid carpers on the forum as far as I know. If there are any, they keep it well hidden.

Most comments on the topic will be very tongue in cheek.

OTOH, if you think carp are that easy to catch on larger and "wild" waters, come fish over my way for a while. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Tweek might be an idea to suss out who you are having a go at before making a dick of yourself mate.

Richs post was was made with his tongue so far in his cheek that it was nearly in Newts and that's a a long long way away!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!