New Virus.NOT a joke

bushwacker

I have just recived this warning from a friend of mine who assures me that it is true, if it has already beeen posted then sorry.

This is not a joke!

Please Be Extremely Careful especially if using internet mail such as

Yahoo, Hotmail, AOL and so on. This information arrived this morning

direct from both Microsoft and Norton.

Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet.

You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point

presentation "Life is beautiful."

If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and

delete it immediately. If you open this file, a message will appear on

your screen saying: "It is too late now, your life is no longer

beautiful." Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the

person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and

password.

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.

AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus software's are

not capable of destroying it. The virus has been created by a hacker who

calls himself "life owner."

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

True its not a joke..but it is crap and its been around for some time.....

'Life is Beautiful virus

This hoax alert warns everyone to look out for emails with an attachment called "Life is Beautiful.PPS". According to the hoax, if you click on the attachment, your computer will be infected with a dangerous computer virus.

Like most virus hoaxes, it claims antivirus firms "are not capable of destroying it" and it urges you to "make a copy of this email to all your friends." The hoax bolsters its claims by insisting the supposed virus writer "aims to destroying domestic PCs and who also fights Microsoft in court! That's why it comes disguised with extension pps. He fights in court for the Windows-XP patent."

Variants of this hoax appear in different languages. Vmyths believes this hoax originated in another language, and we assume well-meaning users translated the hoax alert as a (misguided) public service. (The statement "make a copy of this email to all your friends" almost certainly derived from a poor English translation.)

--08/17/02'

[ 10. October 2005, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Sorry if it's been a waste of time, I have only just opened my emails and my mate had sent it to me. I thought better be safe than sorry and tell every-one on here just incase. It's reassuring to know that it's just a hoax, thanks for the info on that both of you.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

Bushwacker - there are some usual signs that these things are bogus. If you see any of the below, suspect a hoax.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This information arrived this morning direct from both Microsoft and Norton.

( they do not do this - ever )

Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet.

( usually indicates a hoax )

This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.

( lack of specific date )

AOL has already confirmed the severity,

( they do not do this - ever )

and the antivirus software's are not capable of destroying it.

( if it can be written, it can be located and destroyed )

[ 10. October 2005, 06:03 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sorry bushwacker, I didn't intend to jump on you. I see stuff like this most weeks as it gets internally circulated arround the govt dept that I work for. By the time it hits my desk, it's often gone several times around the country.

All I'd say is whenever you see some warning about computer viruses; Gang members driving arround with no lights and shooting the first person to flash them or whatever, it's well worth taking a couple of minutes to look at www.snopes.com or doing a Google search just to verify whether what you've been told is true.

[ 10. October 2005, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Ken L ]

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Here's a little something about a 'virus' called Good Times:

Goodtimes will re-write your hard drive. Not only that, but

it will scramble any disks that are even close to your computer. It

will recalibrate your refrigerator's coolness setting so all your ice

cream goes melty. It will demagnetize the strips on all your credit

cards, screw up the tracking on your television and use subspace field

harmonics to scratch any CD's you try to play.

It will give your ex-girlfriend your new phone number. It

will mix Kool-aid into your fishtank. It will drink all your beer and

leave its socks out on the coffee table when there's company coming

over. It will put a dead kitten in the back pocket of your good suit

pants and hide your car keys when you are late for work.

Goodtimes will make you fall in love with a penguin. It will

give you nightmares about circus midgets. It will pour sugar in your

gas tank and shave off both your eyebrows while dating your

girlfriend behind your back and billing the dinner and hotel room to

your Discover card.

It will seduce your grandmother. It does not matter if she

is dead, such is the power of Goodtimes, it reaches out beyond the

grave to sully those things we hold most dear.

It moves your car randomly around parking lots so you can't

find it. It will kick your dog. It will leave libidinous messages on

your boss's voice mail in your voice! It is insidious and subtle. It

is dangerous and terrifying to behold. It is also a rather

interesting shade of mauve.

Goodtimes will give you Dutch Elm disease. It will leave the

toilet seat up. It will make a batch of Methanphedime in your bathtub

and then leave bacon cooking on the stove while it goes out to chase

gradeschoolers with your new snowblower.

Ken, I didn't take it that you had jumped on me.

I didn't seem to word my reply very well, sorry for that, I'm 100% sure that if it had been real, then you would have been just a gratefull as any one else.

There was offence no taken or meant.

Can we still be friends :D:D:D

[ 12. October 2005, 11:02 AM: Message edited by: bushwacker ]