All because of him!!!

me

When i was fishing. There was this young lad who caught 11 roach. But he couldn't get the hook out. so I offered to help him. But he refused. After 3 fish he'd put back they'd all died because he'd been to rough with them. After that he'd caught 11 roach which had all died. All because of him!!! I was so annoyed. How could he do something like that??? :confused: :mad: :o

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

where were you fishing?if it was at a commercial fishery you should have told or least threatened to report him to the owner,if you see this idiot again by all means offer to help if he refuse's and a fish dies or is injured as a result then report him or at least tell another adult. :mad:

I have wrestled with reality for 46 years,still wrestling.

I'd personally have told him that if I see it happen again, I would confiscate his tackle and take it to the Police Station. If he wanted to reclaim it, he was have to explain why he killed 11 fish when he had the opportunity to learn how to treat wildlife with respect. Killing of fish through inability is no excuse. :mad: :mad:

I'd also have asked to see his license ... bet he didn't have one ! :mad:

I agree that this lad is an idiot, particularly for refusing your help, but let's not get too sentmental about fish deaths. I hate to harm any fish I catch, but I'll admit that there are occasional, usually small, fish that fail to recover after unhooking. I can sit at a lake and watch a heron consume twenty fish an hour, and I consider that to be perfectly natural. I saw a youngster fishing, last summer, and had to tell him that the dozen perch he'd caught were all belly-up in his keepnet, because it was such a hot day, and they'd suffocated. If every angler accidentally killed every fish he caught, there would still be plenty left. When I used to trout-fish regularly, I'd use a minnow-trap to collect bait. Trawlermen net sea fish, thousands at a time, and dump them straight into the bottom of the boat to die slowly. Fish have a short life expectancy in the wild, and a very high reproductive rate to compensate for it. This young idiot you describe needs gentle education, to learn to enjoy fishing without killing the fish: don't try to frighten him off, or he could grow up to be anti-angling (the sort who would throw bricks into your swim, maybe).

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.