Trying to defend your honour!

lyn

noviceangler:

i think evey bivvy should have a women to keep us blokes warm on a cold night lol

Well that works both ways

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you Lyn.

We need more anglers full stop. The more women the better, just wish my wife would come along then she might, just might understand. When the weather and time are against you it's just great being out there.

Now let's not mention women Salmon anglers! Opp's to late.

Andrew Boyd

Peter Waller:

A man holds a door open for a woman. Woman turns on man and says, 'I hope you didn't hold that door open just because I'm a lady'. 'No' says the man, 'I held it open because I'm a gentleman'. It was a better world back then!

I often think that chivalry isn't dead - it just isn't understood anymore :rolleyes:

The funniest put-down I ever saw was on a train journey a few years ago. A woman stood at the door to a carriage and said quite volubly 'if any of you were gentlemen, you'd let a lady have a seat!' The reply was devastating in it's effect:

'If you were a lady, we wouldn't hesitate!'

It doesn't alter a thing, in my view, life is about mutual respect, and people are the lesser for not showing it.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

I have only encountered one male angler so far who was scathing of women anglers and he had to pay up a fiver that he bet my husband,that I would not be able to catch and land a carp on my own without any help!!!!! :P

I have really only met generosity,both in the time given to explain any questions asked by me or being shown how to do something if I was struggling or even tackle being given!

Good for you Lyn in writing to the Angling press,

I agree with the comment that did not get printed!!!!

I also think we as women can be more determined to suceed,I fished four hours in the cold and pouring rain yesterday afternoon.....where was hubby he packed up after two hours cos he wasn't catching.....He then sat watching me from the verandah of the fishing lodge we were staying in...and he had a hot mug of soup!!!!!!!!!!!!

I persevered and was rewarded with some good fish.

Judith

[ 19. November 2004, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)