Float fishing for Carp- advice please

nursejudy

I have found it hard to read the bites using the ledger rod and as I seem to be able to catch Carp on the pole ,I wondered if i could use the ledger rod to float fish for Carp as I would be able to cast futher out than the 6m of my pole.

Also what sort /size of a float would I need,or should I persist with the quiver tip.

thanks as always

judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

quote:

Originally posted by nursejudy:

.... what sort /size of a float would I need, ....

quote:

Originally posted by Pangolin:

I watched for the crust to disappear but, instead, I was startled to see a huge white carp surface and slurp the bubble float instead!

Obviously all you need is a bubble-float .. and forget the bait :D

DG

Hi Judy, I do use my ledger rod for carping with a drennan tench perfection float and it works just fine for me, Not good for carp bigger than 10 lb though.

Judy,

Sounds like you need to have a look at Polaris

floats. These are for fishing in any depth of

water and come in a variety of sizes. You can even use them with either a feeder or bomb on your line.

Inside every old person is a young one wondering what the hell happened!

Hi Judy.Does your leger rod consist of only quiver tips or does it also have an avon type tip!!.If it has an avon type tip,then no problem,if only quiver tips,then i would suggest using the thickest tip you have available,just from the point of view of ease of casting.As for floats,it is hard to generalise,Wagglers and antenna floats of various sizes should see you through,but use one capable of casting easily,ie dont struggle to cast out a very light float,better a bigger float,correctly shotted.

Regards Chuby

ha ha!!!

i have been looking at the polaris floats ,what do you do with them/how do they workAs i think it said no shot needed,

Kendo jusyt for you i will examine the rod very carefully!!!!!!!!!

[ 10. April 2004, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)