I dont like this world I live in!

Moody

Forgive my poor spelling.

I was upset the outher night after waching the 10oclock news on thursday night.

One story was a group of kids kidnapping a 5 yaer old child and trying to hang him and the outher story which realy upset me was a story about masique's in Kosivo.

It showed footage of a groupe of young men around 20's ( thats my age catogory)being shot at infront of each other untill two were left then they were tortured and then shot.

This is just one incadent in one war.

I found myself thinking about those men and how terrifing it must of been for them.It made me feel that this is a god awfull world we live.

It makes me ashamed to be human when i see what we are capable of.

Im not a fan of people as a whole, but i love my freinds and family.

Im sure id be quite happy being on an island somewhere secluded without the news of what evil people have been doing.

Where is the good news, the happy storys and the good in people?

After watching that news program i feel iv wised up a little to the way of the world and im not sure i like it, but it has made me apreciate the people around me and the safe enviroment i live in. I think people need to take stock of what they have around them and dont take it fogranted.

its always been like it and always will be ,living in seclusion only means it isnt heard about not that it stops.

happy rarely sells papers (unless its rich peoples happiness) look at newspapers from all decades ...sin sells

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Moody,

You could always give up watching the news for a while until you've cheered up. I gave up with newspapers a few years back, just made me depressed.

Log off, go fishing.

Read a book before you go to sleep so you don't lie there tossing and turning and thinking about depressing stuff.

Raking leaves in the neighbors yard. Baking cookies for a sick friend. Helping someone with homework. Taking grandma's dog for a walk. These are all good deeds.

A good deed is defined as an act or performance done out of kindness, generosity or friendliness.

Kids are certainly capable of doing good deeds. Last week, knowing I was exhausted from having a new puppy in the house, who was keeping me up at all hours, my son did his own good deed. He volunteered to keep the puppy in his room for one night so I could get some rest and not be disturbed.

This one, small act of kindness rewarded us both. I got a good nights sleep and was proud of his kind thought. He got a happy rested Mom and lots of love and attention.

Doing Good Deeds

Whether it's something for your parents, a grandparent, a neighbor, a friend or even a stranger there are lots of ways kids can do good deeds.

Good deeds come from the heart so remember not to expect to be paid. You will get rewards just by doing them. Sometimes it's a thank you, a hug or a smile. More importantly it's a good feeling you will have inside you.

It's also contagious! One random act of kindness can spread like wild fire. When you help a person they tend to want to help someone else in return. Imagine a world where everyone helped each other, how nice would that be? You can get it started by doing one good deed.

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I used to drive through that estate with the service bus Moody. The kids are animals.

Did you notice the mother was an unmarried mother of five. Her and another 200 on that estate. The buses have been stopped passing through it on numerous occasions by the number of bricks hurled through the bus windows.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

quote:

Raking leaves in the neighbors yard. Baking cookies for a sick friend. Helping someone with homework. Taking grandma's dog for a walk. These are all good deeds

my neighbour has a leafblower and no yard ,cookies :confused: friend :confused: my granny and parents dead their pets also :confused: my kids left school 10 years ago

am i doomed

[ 04. June 2005, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

quote:

Raking leaves in the neighbors yard. Baking cookies for a sick friend. Helping someone with homework. Taking grandma's dog for a walk. These are all good deeds  

my neighbour has a leafblower and no yard ,cookies     :confused:   friend   :confused:   my granny and parents dead their pets also   :confused:   my kids left school 10 years ago

am i doomed

looks that way chesters! :D

never mind ,sleep loss isnt a failing on my part.

generally good deeds by kids have some sort of cunning ploy behind them and good deeds coming my way from others treated with rightfull suspicion :D

Moody, it IS a very cruel world that we live in, happily we live in a pretty civilised part of it at the moment...even though there are plenty who moan about "the nanny state"

They should try living in some of those African countries where grred and cruelty govern peoples lives.

Civilisation means control of the people by laws and punishment and this is the only thing which keeps us all (me included!) in check.

If you want to get really depressed then think about all the fine young men who were slaughtered in the most horrible of ways in the last two WW's....think about them when you are fishing...they never got to enjoy even that simple pleasure.

Then think about the decisions that our politicions have to make in order to keep us safe, and the constant juggling act they have to perform in order to try to find the right balance.

Me???? yes I cry when I watch the Remembrance ceremony, that is not a failing on my part, indeed I am glad that I can cry for those lost men. I get terribly angry when I read of acts of murder and rape and even burglary (I would hang the lot of 'em).

Don't get depressed mate, that nasty little cow who tortured that kid is only a boil on the face of humanity, she WILL get her just desserts one day..somewhere...

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic