let the games begin !!

hembo

mick j i was on the computer so long it was a marathon ; :D:D:D . i see we have a frenchman who has almost ruined ainslies chance of gold .it is great to see all the minority sports have their moments ,it is just a shame that we have one boxer in the squad . plus using the interactive menu on the bbc means you can cut the commentators out .

i cannot see why fishing could not be a olympic sport but fishing like a lot of other sports is never going to to be a televisual treat .

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

newt i thought synchro diving was watching italy play football (soccer).

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

henman beat himself .

John Kenneth Galbraith

quote:

severus - I am READY for lots of football. Green Bay plays Monday night and since I'll be at work, my sweetie will be taping the game (she is off work on Mondays) so we can watch it after I get home.

Can't wait. I'm a Lions fan :o , but my real allegiance is to my Fantasy team. Last year I finished 3rd of 12. Are you involved in a Fantasy league?

P.S. - I went to a minor league baseball game last Thursday, just for kicks. What a bore. Now I remember why I lost interest in MLB. Too many teams, too many millionaires, not enough talent, etc. Plus, the Yankees simply buy their championships.

OK, I'm off the soapbox now. :D

Ken

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Hate professional baseball. Do like the little league championship series though.

Never got interested in the Fantasy sports.

Lions are right up there with the Bears for me. Love to watch them in the hopes they will get well mushed by whoever is playing them. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest allibee
chesters1:

just heard (mrs watching swimming on bedroom telly) an english voice "i`m happy with my time ,they make us swim in adverse conditions here" WHAT its water theres no sharks nor icebergs ,no jumps or ditches :mad: he was 7th over 40m :rolleyes:

if our "athletes" cannot come first in everything then why do they go :confused: besides for a holiday already in a rowing race were in "a fight" for bronze :mad: the only place is first all others are losers,the only tests they all need to qualify is to be faster than the last games winner ,its so simple :rolleyes:

Very colourful post there Chesters :D

quote:

Lions are right up there with the Bears for me. Love to watch them in the hopes they will get well mushed by whoever is playing them.

Yep. That's how I feel about Chicago, Minnesota, and GB. :D

And Dallas.

Carolina Panthers fan??

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Panthers first. Packers second. Cowboys third.

Wife reverses the first two but since she was raised in WI, she can be forgiven I suppose. :D

chesters1 - not much for competition then, are you? But I do have to wonder about the 'adverse conditions' when speaking of an indoor swimming pool. Possibly just too much warmer than the UK folks were accustomed to?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President