ABU 506 SPARES

dancollins50

Hi. My ABU 506 fell out of my cupboard and smashed on to a stone floor. The gunmetal blue bell housing cover has been damaged.I dont know the name of this part.

Can anyone tell me where i might be able to obtain a replacement and what other Abu models

have the same size cover . Thanks in anticipation and tite lines. Danny

Try bending it back into shape. Otherwise I'm 99% sure the cover from the ABU 501, 503 or 505 fits.

Might get one on ebay.

tried to bend it already but it fell from a high cupboard and is dented in bad. thanks for the info. Dan

CaptainBlue is correct the 501,3,5,6,6m all fit each other ,they have a few names cowling ,wind shield ,spool cover etc i always keep one in hand ,as i`ve a tendancy too just throw me rod down after netting the fish ,as said E-bay is the place for spares ,just search abu 506

here is a 503 copper coloured one on E-bay

good luck

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

CaptainBlue is correct the 501,3,5,6,6m all fit each other ,they have a few names cowling ,wind shield ,spool cover etc i always keep one in hand ,as i`ve a tendancy too just throw me rod down after netting the fish ,as said E-bay is the place for spares ,just search abu 506

here is a 503 copper coloured one on E-bay

good luck

cheers Chav. as usual you are in the know much obliged. i have seen a twin pin housing for sale. would it fit my 506 and would i get better performance than the original one pin supplied. Dan

the thing with twin pins (if they`re working right) is it picks up the line quicker (only a fraction of a second faster ) but in reality one pin pickup is fast enough ,two pins don`t wind line on anyfaster (as only one of the pins is in contact with the line) so any advantage is minimal

wouldn`t hurt too have a spare though

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Try bending it back into shape. Otherwise I'm 99% sure the cover from the ABU 501, 503 or 505 fits.

Might get one on ebay.

if the stainless band is bent it will never go back to its correct shape :(

all 500 series reels can have twin pins (the extra hole is there already) but there is no advantage in having two and in fact a great disadvantage that care has to be taken that both pins retract on pushing the dooda that retracts them

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

the thing with twin pins (if they`re working right) is it picks up the line quicker (only a fraction of a second faster ) but in reality one pin pickup is fast enough ,two pins don`t wind line on anyfaster (as only one of the pins is in contact with the line) so any advantage is minimal

wouldn`t hurt too have a spare though

Muchas gracias Chav .