Boilie Boys win Carp Comp

benacre

Boilie boys Andy Maker and Kev Reynolds used 30kg of boilies to land 1,204 carp recently. Is 30 kg too much for a 48 hour session? Are Carp anglers rightly blamed for over feeding fish or are they just scapegoats?

I'm lucky to go fishing everyday (when the FPO allows me)

East Anglian Fishing Forum

http://www.easternanglers.co.uk/

Boilie boys Andy Maker and Kev Reynolds used 30kg of boilies to land 1,204 carp recently. Is 30 kg too much for a 48 hour session? Are Carp anglers rightly blamed for over feeding fish or are they just scapegoats?

30Kg is a lot of bait, but then they must have been fishing a phenomenally heavily stocked water if they had that many fish in 48 hours - I make it a fish every 30 sec which is impossible. I suspect it may actually have been 1204lb of carp, which is still an awful lot. That makes it less drammatic if you guestimate an average fish size of 15lb, that gives about 80 fish so that's only just under 400g of bait per fish - so no that's not excessive.

I'm not quite sure what you think they've been made scapegoats for since you don't specify.

In general though, most of can't afford that much bait - even with cheap bait that works out at 100-150 pounds, and I certainly can't afford that every session - never mind not having a big enough freezer to store it all in ! So in general terms I'd say no, carp anglers aren't overfeeding the carp (and tench, bream, roach, rudd etc that also eat boilies).

Rob.

Rob is for me right on the nose!! We used to fish a lake near Portsmouth and it wasn't exactly huge! 90+ pegs with say 20 of those rubbish ones. OK the fish we caught were in Match Conditions I.E. 5 hours fishing and averaged say 3Lb each but to put in a 56Lb sack of crumb was about right with all the other free offerings too and most people wuld introduce around 10 to 20Lb's of crumb.......So how many boilies would this equate to?

No I don't personally think this is excessive as long as the water was not a puddle!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

30kg in the context of this particularly session is not over doing it as the weight of fish caught shows that they would need to feed alot.

However if 30Kg a session was the norm for all Carp anglers then it would be to much, but as Rob pointed out who can afford to use this much bait. So in reality this kind of baiting will only take place by a few people on very few occasions.

I think non Carp anglers like to lay the blame for all the planets woes at the feet of Carp Anglers.

Stephen

Species Caught 2014

Zander, Pike, Bream, Roach, Tench, Perch, Rudd, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Eel, Grayling, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout

Species Caught 2013

Pike, Zander, Bream, Roach, Eel, Tench, Rudd, Perch, Common Carp, Koi Carp, Brown Goldfish, Grayling, Brown Trout, Chub, Roosterfish, Dorado, Black Grouper, Barracuda, Mangrove Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Jack Crevalle, Tarpon, Red Snapper

Species Caught 2012
Zander, Pike, Perch, Chub, Ruff, Gudgeon, Dace, Minnow, Wels Catfish, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Roach, Bream, Eel, Rudd, Tench, Arapaima, Mekong Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Marbled Tiger Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Thai Redtail Catfish, Batrachian Walking Catfish, Siamese Carp, Rohu, Julliens Golden Prize Carp, Giant Gourami, Java Barb, Red Tailed Tin Foil Barb, Nile Tilapia, Black Pacu, Red Bellied Pacu, Alligator Gar
Species Caught 2011
Zander, Tench, Bream, Chub, Barbel, Roach, Rudd, Grayling, Brown Trout, Salmon Parr, Minnow, Pike, Eel, Common Carp, Mirror Carp, Ghost Carp, Koi Carp, Crucian Carp, F1 Carp, Blue Orfe, Ide, Goldfish, Brown Goldfish, Comet Goldfish, Golden Tench, Golden Rudd, Perch, Gudgeon, Ruff, Bleak, Dace, Sergeant Major, French Grunt, Yellow Tail Snapper, Tom Tate Grunt, Clown Wrasse, Slippery Dick Wrasse, Doctor Fish, Graysby, Dusky Squirrel Fish, Longspine Squirrel Fish, Stripped Croaker, Leather Jack, Emerald Parrot Fish, Red Tail Parrot Fish, White Grunt, Bone Fish
Species Caught 2010
Zander, Pike, Perch, Eel, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Crucian Carp, Siamese Carp, Asian Redtail Catfish, Sawai Catfish, Rohu, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Pacu, Long Tom, Moon Wrasse, Sergeant Major, Green Damsel, Tomtate Grunt, Sea Chub, Yellowtail Surgeon, Black Damsel, Blue Dot Grouper, Checkered Sea Perch, Java Rabbitfish, One Spot Snapper, Snubnose Rudderfish
Species Caught 2009
Barramundi, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Wallago Leeri Catfish, Wallago Attu Catfish, Amazon Redtail Catfish, Mrigul, Siamese Carp, Java Barb, Tarpon, Wahoo, Barracuda, Skipjack Tuna, Bonito, Yellow Eye Rockfish, Red Snapper, Mangrove Snapper, Black Fin Snapper, Dog Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Marble Grouper, Black Fin Tuna, Spanish Mackerel, Mutton Snapper, Redhind Grouper, Saddle Grouper, Schoolmaster, Coral Trout, Bar Jack, Pike, Zander, Perch, Tench, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Common Carp, Golden Tench, Wels Catfish
Species Caught 2008
Dorado, Wahoo, Barracuda, Bonito, Black Fin Tuna, Long Tom, Sergeant Major, Red Snapper, Black Damsel, Queen Trigga Fish, Red Grouper, Redhind Grouper, Rainbow Wrasse, Grey Trigger Fish, Ehrenbergs Snapper, Malabar Grouper, Lunar Fusiler, Two Tone Wrasse, Starry Dragonet, Convict Surgeonfish, Moonbeam Dwarf Angelfish,Bridled Monocle Bream, Redlined Triggerfish, Cero Mackeral, Rainbow Runner
Species Caught 2007
Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Mekong Catfish, Spotted Sorubim Catfish, Pacu, Siamese Carp, Barracuda, Black Fin Tuna, Queen Trigger Fish, Red Snapper, Yellow Tail Snapper, Honeycomb Grouper, Red Grouper, Schoolmaster, Cubera Snapper, Black Grouper, Albacore, Ballyhoo, Coney, Yellowfin Goatfish, Lattice Spinecheek

I think non Carp anglers like to lay the blame for all the planets woes at the feet of Carp Anglers.

Makes a change from carp anglers laying the blame for all the planets woes at the feet of otters :P

I'm somewhat glad though that all that bait didn't go into my local river system.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Makes a change from carp anglers laying the blame for all the planets woes at the feet of otters :P

I'm somewhat glad though that all that bait didn't go into my local river system.

Nah, you've probably just had 100's Kg of bread crumb and groundbait but since it ain't boilies... ;)

Rob.

Nah, you've probably just had 100's Kg of bread crumb and groundbait but since it ain't boilies... ;)

Rob.

Hemp and pellets from the barbel brigade! :rolleyes:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!