Dutch medical system

Alan Taylor

Hmmm. I've considered doing that myself, Newt. I think some offices overbook patients just in case a few don't show up. Bastages.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try it sometime. It's fun to read the responses from the Doctor's business office.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

nursejudy:

that seems really sensible.we have a dutch g-p at our surgery.

He will love this then. I popped into a bar in Rotterdam after work this evening for a quick drink on the way home.

It turned out to be a girlie bar, you know the sort of thing, low cut dresses etc etc buy me drink Johnny?

This girl come up to me and starts chatting (I only ever have one drink so she has to be quick), "whats that plaster on your face for" (she was from one of the eastern block countries and her English was a bit rough).

So I reply "I had a penis growing just beside my eye so they cut it off"

Her "was it very big"?

Me "no not really, 20 cm"

Her "what did they do with it"?

Me "sent it away for tests"(face drops)

Her "but you good now"?

Me " I think so but it feels like it is growing again, now must dash I have another job to go to".

Her "you no buy me drink"?

Me " I have no more money on me, maybe next time"

Her "

Her " if it come back you come see me and if you have it cut off you see my man"

Now you may think this is a feeble effort at a joke but that is how the conversation went for about 5 minutes, long enough to drink a scotch and get the heck out :D

I just love this country (most of the time) :)

Alan

ANMC Founder Member. . www.the-lounge.org.uk/valley/

results of biopsy negative

That is always a good result. Glad to hear it.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President