tent or bivvy

terry t shirt

its not a dome anything its a tunnel ,a dome has poles that cross over in the apex a tunnel has parallel poles :P

thats both a domed tunnel and a tent :D

i can just see (you need a new cam) a hint of crossed poles ,theres a lot of clicheyness in bivvies ,just tents in reality a bivvy is a bivoac a makeshift camp ,not a £300 tent :ph34r:

if its in anything including green and not by a pond its a tent ,if its green (tent or not) by a pond its a bivvy

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Need a better photographer lol. My question really arises from looking at ebay at some if the "bivvies" being sold i can hardly spot the difference.

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Need a better photographer lol. My question really arises from looking at ebay at some if the "bivvies" being sold i can hardly spot the difference.

on the whole there isnt a difference and with tents usually (but less in bivvies) the more you pay the better it is,in tents especially nylon the thivker the material the better it is ,theres just as many cheap bivvies just as there are cheap tents the basic material can be the same.

look at the halfords tents look good (to the amateur)but fag paper thin material ,a year and its chucked out ,same with bivvies but without the markup over the odds with a fox etc badge.

a green nylon with 3000 hydrostatic head on a tent could well be the very same material on a bivvy theres only so many nylon companies out there,the way its put together gives the edge then,all the component parts come from the same sources in china.

the biggest difference is tents are designed by campers bivvies by anglers but theres a overlap in the lower price bracket where the design can fit both users,if you happy to use it who cares what it is so long as it keeps the rain out

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Usually, in the fishing world, anything made and sold for anglers is something you can buy elsewhere much cheaper. This doesn't seem to be the case with bivvies though and most seem to be made of a better quality material than similar tents sold for for camping. There aren't many dome tents sold in camping outlets that have the same head height, enabling you to sit upright and look out at your rods. Sunncamp are one of the tent manufacturers who sell a bivvie as well as tents. Karsten are another, although their bivvies will cost you over £1,000.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Usually, in the fishing world, anything made and sold for anglers is something you can buy elsewhere much cheaper. This doesn't seem to be the case with bivvies though and most seem to be made of a better quality material than similar tents sold for for camping.

I totally agree with that.

As chesters points out, there's some overlap in the bottom end of the market, but a proper bivvy is not something that is generally available outside of the angling world.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE