Batteries and Motors

poledark

Dave, steered by either applying extra pressure to the opposite side I want it to turn (it has two handles) or for a sharp turn simply lifting the single wheel slightly off the ground and turning the trolley.In practise it is(or hasn't been :D ) a problem up to now.

This is one reason that I hope to get a simple single speed drive, so I can just let it run at walking speed, and it will not "race" when making a turn.

Vagabond, I may end up with steam power yet :D ...stiles and narrow plank bridges are not a concern, nor is loading in the van, I don't even intend to dismantle it to put in the van, my main (and really the only) concern is pushing a load for up to a mile or more in the morning and then having to push it all the way back when it gets dark..doing this 4/5 times a week can be very exhausting,,and if the sciatica kicks in then I am (as they say in OZ) buggered!!

I must say that I am enjoying the challenge, specially trying to do it "on the cheap" ...just adding the third wheel was a revelation, others who have tried my "tribarrow" have been VERY impressed. Last Tuesday a guy left his swim and followed me down to where I stopped and expressed surprise that I had NOT got a motor fitted..."but it seemed to be going along on its own".

Will keep you informed..even If it fails to work.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Looks like a super cart and fitting the motor to it should be an interesting project.

I just took another look at your original picture and noticed the pink rim on the front tire. Nice touch. :)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Me a tart??????????? Never. :D:D:D

Tell you what though Newt, I used to get some "stick" about 16 years ago when I made my first "cart".....the carpers used to shout out "Ices, choc ices" whenever I arrived at the lake. No one ever considered that I might have a problem with carrying a heavy rucksack.

When I made it into a two wheeler I could walk along using only one hand and "show off"...no struggling to keep the load steady (why the devil do they make carp porters like wheelbarrows?).

Nowadays every carper has a barrow and amazingly some of them have two or more wheels...all they need to do now is fit them with large dia ones instead of the stupid little 5/6 inch ones which are almost impossible to push across even quite smooth ground.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

Den - I agree. Here is my carping cart.

an-trolly.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Tell you what Newt..when you come over here I will let you push my barrow...maybe we could carp fish for a while (can't gaurantee a fish though) :D

Spoked wheels????????? a bit poncy aint they :D:D

I LIKE the Plano box...we do seem to have a lot in common

Den

[ 03. July 2005, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: poledark ]

That's a spod which, in a former life, contained synthetic motor oil. I hadn't really realized how heavy the thing would get with even a partial load and it was too much for the rod I was using. Have a new rod now. :D