Adding Ebay Listings To Forum Posts

Elton

There are two reasons that I have added a 'Quick Access' facility for adding Ebay listings to forum posts;

1. It helps me out no end if you use it.
  2. It makes it easier for people who struggle to post links to items.

To use it is simple.

When you post a new topic, or use the 'Add Reply' button to reply to another post, you will see a 'Quick Access' menu to the left. At the point where you want to add your Ebay link, click the 'Insert: Ebay Link' button (I've circled this on the attached picture.

In the top box, entitled 'Option Text', you can enter any text. i.e. "Click here to see my fishing rod auction".

In the bottom box, entitled 'Content Text', you enter the item ID. When viewing an item on Ebay, this is at the top right of the page, on the same line as the product's title.

Once you've done that, hit the 'OK' button and it's done.

Feel free to use this thread to give it a try, by posting some sample auctions up. As well as the For Sale forum on Anglers' Net, Ebay auctions have often been used as topics of discussions and references in answers to questions. Therefore, I hope that this is one facility that you make use of.

Thanks to Si, one of the forum Admins, for developing this. This facility isn't available on any other Invision Power Board at present, I believe, so you're lucky :)

ebay_link.jpg

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit better Images Elton :D

Oi! I used my best crayon to do that!

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

• 2 months later...

Just bumping this to the top, as quite a few seem to have missed it before.

OI OI,

I missed it what a canny idea .... :thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Storm Kickin Minnow - 10"

This photo is the 6" version with only the pair of treble hooks. The 10" looks the same but a little longer and with a 3rd set of hooks.

kickin_bait.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I had to do that one by hand. Let me try it again with the widget and see if it goes better.

Rattlin Rapala - 5cm 11gm bone white

edit note: that one worked fine. I was putting in too much stuff and the applet was putting it in again.

rattlin_rapala.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

just gone over a recent post in classifieds about centrepin cases / bags and re done the E-Bay links { don't know if the links can be made into referals from AN ,to help the site any }

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...t&p=1254286

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

• 4 months later...

Just bumping this up, as a few haven't seen it yet....