The royal mail undercover prog on channel 4

Lee-sox

OH MY GOD :mad: :mad: :mad:

Im never sending anything to london by post again, explains what happened the letter i sent to my mum in plaistow.

The biggest advert for E-Mail ever

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

im a postie and admittedly was shocked at what went on . will try and give a proper reply when i have got time .

[ 30. April 2004, 04:01 PM: Message edited by: hembo ]

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

I use the royal mail quite a lot and am amazed it works so well for the price paid. The alternative with courriers I found to be a lot worse and the costs quadrupled. So far not 1 delivery this year has gone missing and with all I know of, received within 2 days of sending, most by the next day. Parcle sent by courrier on 48hr to Germany ....result delivered 10 days later at a cost of near enough £30. Parcel sent to Germany "first class signed for" + insured for £250 by royal mail, cost £12.11 and delivered in 3 days.

Mmmmm, can't quite vouch for RM in the same way Yoxer. Seem's to depend a lot on your local sorting office?

Didn't see the program unfortunately so not too sure what was shown/highlighted/commented on.

Round here (Northants and MK mostly used by me), often 2nd class beats 1st class!! Does save money though. Still, what ever the time for delivery at 28p a throw in general, i think 3 days would be acceptable to me. Problem they set themselves targets. Like most companies, once targets are set, general service appears to deteriorate, but that could be a whoe seperate thread and its Friday PM, with a Bank Holiday looming!!!

out of the many people who are employed by royal mail you are bound to have a few bad eggs . this i think is the same where ever you work . however if any thing that now its out in the open; royal mail are now aware that there are problems and sort them out . on the other issue of casuals coming in to do a delivery i think training is the issue . coupled with the fact they are not screened for security checks so it is open to abuse hence organised gangs using this to there advantage. also during his undercover stint there was industrial action which was skipped over ;apart from mentioning that there was abacklog of mail . morale within royal mail is also quite low as we seem to be pawns in a much larger battle , and i would not be surprised if royal mail is sold off and privatised. coincidentally dave ward the general secretary of the CWU is calling on patricia hewitt the dti minister to summon an urgent meeting of all the major stakeholders in royal mail so they can map out together a vision for the industry . and also for the government to accept accountability for an industry it owns . the vast majority of posties are hardworking responsible people. they know they are in a position of trust and would definitley not abuse it .

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

I'm afraid the Royal Mail gets my thumbs down.

1. My company bank statements posted through the wrong door, turned up sometime later having been opened. Other instances of company mail from accountant which never arrived.

2. Receive wrong mail regularly, which clearly has correct address sometimes for houses streets away.

3. A postie who doubles as a paper delivery person for the local newsagent simultaneously.

Q; If a house has a BIG white number on a BIG black slate featured prominently on the wall, why does postie get it wrong?

Q; Why does postie assume that no car in driveway means no-one in, doesn't bother to knock and leaves parcels up the road with people I hardly know even by sight?

Our perception of time as an orderly sequence of regular ticks and tocks has no relevance here in the alternative dimension that is fishing....... C.Yates

Mmmmm I have to tend to agree with you Snotty. I to have all sorts of mail for other people and the amount of my mail which is delivered to a chap up the road!! Well thee messages on the envelopes tell a story, I reckon the man is apoplexo apolupl apoplextic ****** off!! With my mail constantly being posted through his door!! And the amount of packets I have go missing from my little mail-order business!! I've had 3 go missing in one day this week!!

Best was late last year, I sold a De-Walt saw to a guy in Northumberland. I packed up the saw and to be nice and friendly like I tubed and taped the legs to it on the outside of the box as it weighed in at 28Kg. The saw never arrived, but as it was insured no problem!! WRONG!!! First I got Mrs Hitler in Glasgow, Her real name is Thomson, that's it Thomson. No miss or ms or even Mr!! just Thomson!! I complained (Oh ,Boy did I!! It was a work of art that letter!! And whats even better I had a reply to it!! From Thomson!? Addressed to the Head of Customer relations, marked Private and Confidential and it gets answered by IT!?

So then I tried again, this time I got a lovely lady in Stoke and to cut a long story short because I had sold the saw for £240 that is all I got!! But my contention was that I did not have a saw to sell the real value had to be the cost of a new saw £495+vat. But they would not budge!! Well give me the saw back then, Can,t, it's been lost, no it has been pinched, sorry sir! You can't say that!! Oh yes I can !! I just did!! yes but you can't say it has been pinched as you don't know that!!!!

The post office is a thieves paradise. If you want to pinch things become a postman or woman! Lots of decent ones out there!! and they outnumber the bad ones by a long way!! But why has the post office got t be so intransigent when THEY know where the bloody stuff has gone?!

I personally hate the post office, but I have NO choice because of the MONOPOLY they have on mail!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))