57 BILLION pensions black hole.

yoxer

Its realy not to difficult to see how things are going. A decade back every other street had a corner shop . We all know where and why theyve disapeared. The same applies to manufacturing and is now applying to the service industries. You may have noticeed that more and more manufacturers are now selling direct to the end user of the products. Its easy to do so now . Retailers , wholesalers , and importers are now unecessary and within a short period of time will also go the way of the corner shops. The manufactures ( who will certainly not be UK based ) will and are beneffiting from a small increase in price over what is obtained from importers and wholesalers, and the consumer also benifits ( while they still have the money to buy in their pockets ) from a small decrease in price that the retailer etc had took.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

darrell.cook:

If most people do know they're certainly not falling over themselves to tell us!

C'mon Jim don't bottle it now - enlighten us.

Let's start off by sterilising all un-married mothers who can't fully support themselves and their kids.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

You raise a good point Jim. I don't know if it is is meant to be sarcastic, but why on earth should the tax payer have to fund healthy unmarried mothers with children? Particulary to the extent that we do, providing them with accelerated council housing and all the money they need!

Similarly any healthy person drawing benefits instead of working should have to work for their benefit money. There's plenty that needs doing.

And as to the Government, they must waste billions on unnecessary administration and cock-ups. Take the concept of family tax credits. What a farce! Both me and the missus regularly receive shedloads of paperwork in duplicate about this, when all they need to do is change my tax code.

[ 14. October 2004, 05:36 PM: Message edited by: Lid ]

Jim Roper:

Jim Roper:

If most people do know they're certainly not falling over themselves to tell us!

C'mon Jim don't bottle it now - enlighten us.

Let's start off by sterilising all un-married mothers who can't fully support themselves and their kids.
Wow, what a blinding idea!!

However what if said unmarried mother later went on to better herself, worked, married, supported herself, etc. She may even desire more children with her new husband to fill their 4 bed suburban semi - but oh, wait we sterilised her!

Not really an idea is it Jim, more a rant that's bound to find favour with the hang 'em high brigade. I'd be interested in real, considered ideas. Like I say they're a bit thin on the ground.

Lid:

You raise a good point Jim. I don't know if it is is meant to be sarcastic, but why on earth should the tax payer have to fund healthy unmarried mothers with children? Particulary to the extent that we do, providing them with accelerated council housing and all the money they need!

Lid, Taxpayers funding unmarried mothers - a real can of worms! Only clear cut if we assume that they all have 6 kids deliberately to set themselves up for a life of benefits and council houses. These cases are extreme, and you're right why should we tolerate it ? It's really sad that this is the limit of their ambition. We all say it's bl**dy wrong, life of luxury, no work, benefits, etc. - I'd hate it - waste of life if that's the limit of their ambition.

But there are many other examples, whereby young girls are left holding the baby, pitiful, out of their depth. Surely we should not abandon these, and treat them in the same manner as the pre-meditated babys = council house = benefit.

The concept of the welfare state is fine, it's all the mongrels that abuse it that ruin it.

If it was used as it was intended we wouldn't have the issues.

Yoxer, the destruction of this Countries manufacturing base goes way back before Tony Blair.

When that evil b*tch thatcher declared war on the miners the writing was on the wall. This was a personal vendetta which destroyed communities. the Welsh valleys are still full of quality coal.

Proud men, working class and proud to be so men, were thrown on the scrapheap, made to feel worthless, these in turn fathered a generation that had no hope - no hope leads to no ambition, leads to spiralling crime, drugs, more drain on the welfare state, and so it goes on.

All your cheap imports are fine, until the cheap import takes your job. At that point it doesn't matter if your goods are half of the cost they used to be. When you've got b*gger all it hardly matters.

Wake up Darrell its 2004 and matters not one jot who is/was responcible, its done.

Im sure there are millions of miners who would luv to return to the pits.

If you read what Ive written you may see thats what Ive been saying.

quote:

But there are many other examples, whereby young girls are left holding the baby, pitiful, out of their depth. Surely we should not abandon these, and treat them in the same manner as the pre-meditated babys = council house = benefit.

I agree some people truly need the welfare state, but unfortunately with this particular kind of case it is very difficult to ascertain the genuine from the not so genuine.

Lid:

quote:

I agree some people truly need the welfare state, but unfortunately with this particular kind of case it is very difficult to ascertain the genuine from the not so genuine.

Absolutely Mate. Agree entirely.