foul hooking fish!!

MARKYMARK

As a match fisherman,i am disgusted to watch other fisherman deliberatly foul hooking big carp

during matches,and therefore snatching all the cash and they dont care,that to me is not fishing

and takes the @iss,you are meant to catch fish head first.!!!!!

mark

Quite right Mark,

It makes a mockery of the whole sport if these clowns go out to deliberately foulhook fish.

If it hasn't been hooked in the mouth it doesn't count, however, am I right in believing that within the matchfishing circles foulhooked fish do count?

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Sorry to say foul hooked fish still count in matches and we all now a lot are fouled on purpose.How many times have you seen fishermen strike before retreiving there tackle no indication of a bite what so ever. Some places have introduced a min distance you can fish to stop this practice during spawning.Its happened to us all sitting on a shed full lift up, miss and foul hook one.I have seen were they want them banned if its not in the area of the mouth you would need stewards every five pegs on some fisherys

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

when you have a lot of fish feeding in a small area it is inevitable you are going to foul hook the odd one

But if you ban foul hooked fish in matches how are you going to police it? and what counts as a foul hooked fish? just outside the mouth? behind the eye?

I really don't belive that matchmen go out to deliberatly foul hook a fish it just happens sometimes, it has happened to me once, i must admit it was a fish that helped me come second that day, it was a carp that was hooked just under the chin in the fin, i belive it took the bait and the line paseed underneath and there is nothing you can do about it , well apart from fishing without a hook!!! LOL

I was always under the impression that foul hooked fish along with dead fish were not allowed to be weighed in in matchs? any way like allready said it would be nigh on impossible to steward.

Any way its bolox really as a good matchman would be able to catch a higher weight of "fairly" caught fish rather than disturbing the shoal by constantly foul hooking.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Rogerb:

Scuse my ignorance here lads but how do you 'deliberately' foul hook em??

Must be near the top I guess??

Posted Image
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

It must be different up here. Any competitions I've been in, or any permits up here I've ever had, have clearly stated that foul-hooked fish are not legitimate captures.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...