The perfect unbiased,non-racil,sexist,or offensive thread.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

I am a popular chappie now arn't I? :)

Well it's between Barrow on Soar and Cotes Leicestershire.

All sorts of fishing can be done on our stretch, and if you are really nice to me I'll let you night fish it, a rare thing on the Soar.

I must was you fine folk NOT to fall asleep when night fishing otherwise you could lose your rods. :):)

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now then dears what about a camping trip to that lovely mr Ferrett's riverside,we might even be able to catch some fish,or we could time the expediton for Little onions wedding party.

Anyone else any ideas.

judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Guest Ferret1959

Well there's 12 good swims that you could set up bivvies and a couple of not so safe ones for camping.

The sunset is beautiful there and you are about 1/4 mile from the road so no traffic noise.

The odd train can be heard in the distance though.

At night you can see a warm glow over Lougborough.

The swallows catch flies until dark and then the bats take over, is you are lucky you will see the resident Kingfishers teaching their kids to catch fish.

If you are really lucky you'll see woodpeckers and a swift glimpse of a sparrow hawk.

We got it all down there.

When I die I want to be cremated and my ashes sprinkled in the river, don't think I'll be much use as ground bait but it will be my final resting place.

Yes lets go to Mr Ferrets stretch of the river soar for our camping trip.Must make a list of things we need to take: 1 a tent 2 sleeping bags 3 lashings of ginger beer what else do we need then 4???????? :confused:

Dave's river sounds idyllic,a lovely resting place.

4 chocolate biccys.

Bit worried about a tent,2 sleeping bags!!!!!!

jiutdh

[ 18. May 2004, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: nursejudy ]

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)