The relative cost of things

Anderoo

A session like that really blows away the cobwebs doesn't it :) I really enjoyed my latest bream blank because in the daytime I did quite a bit of float fishing with light tackle (although heavy enough to combat the gales!). Fishing maggot brought an endless stream of little perch and roach, corn produced several really nice roach between 10-14oz, and worm was a perch a chuck, the vast majority small but I did have a couple of 2lbers, the biggest trembling just under 3lb. Great fun! I also lost another big perch in a snag. The 2.15 should have been a decent 3 really, but it had no belly at all

I am pleased to hear that, as it is the intention to do a bit of float fishing myself at the end of September when waiting to catch the impossible. I really do fancy the idea of bread flake over mash and may well persevere with the float well into the dark. That is if I can resist the comfort of the new bedchair which is utopia in comparison to the old one. To even it up a bit will probably use the brolly instead of the bivvy provided the weather looks reasonable. Also encouraging to see that you had some nice Perch.

I am pleased to hear that, as it is the intention to do a bit of float fishing myself at the end of September when waiting to catch the impossible. I really do fancy the idea of bread flake over mash and may well persevere with the float well into the dark. That is if I can resist the comfort of the new bedchair which is utopia in comparison to the old one. To even it up a bit will probably use the brolly instead of the bivvy provided the weather looks reasonable. Also encouraging to see that you had some nice Perch.

Definitely worth a go TT, I still don't think bread has really been used there properly! I'm not sure if the perch were localised or not, but they were the first good perch I've had since my very first session there, at the 2006 AN fish-in. We ran out of worms right at dusk...! The 4lber will have to wait until next time :rolleyes:

I tried flavouring the corn with tutti fruity and brasem liquid, but they preferred it plain.

There was a lot of pike activity too, one almost had a couple of roach as I was bringing them in, and another scared the crap out of me when it tried (somewhat ambitiously!) to take a 7lb tench at the net :o

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

After years of watching the prices just go up and up, I've found cheaper alternatives.

You can buy bulk groundbait and breadcrumb ect on ebay for cheap, aswell as additives such as blood etc.

I recently purchased a 20KG bag of brown breadcrumb for just £12.99, compared to the £3's and £4's you have to spend for a 1kg bag in a tackle shop.

I'm gonna start making my own maggots aswell, the prices for maggots have just become ridiculous now, considering how easy they are to actually produce.

After years of watching the prices just go up and up, I've found cheaper alternatives.

You can buy bulk groundbait and breadcrumb ect on ebay for cheap, aswell as additives such as blood etc.

I recently purchased a 20KG bag of brown breadcrumb for just £12.99, compared to the £3's and £4's you have to spend for a 1kg bag in a tackle shop.

I'm gonna start making my own maggots aswell, the prices for maggots have just become ridiculous now, considering how easy they are to actually produce.

If breeding your own maggots for free or cheap bait you dont want to be shelling out for meat...... so keep an eye out for roadkill.

Being in the import business I get to see how much is paid to Chinese or Indian factories for the tackle imported into the UK for a few companies.

If you saw the invoices I do not think you would but another item from a tackle shop.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Being in the import business I get to see how much is paid to Chinese or Indian factories for the tackle imported into the UK for a few companies.

If you saw the invoices I do not think you would but another item from a tackle shop.

Give us an idea Rudd - you don't need to name brands, etc. if you don't want.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music