Ron Atkinson - The signs were there

rabster

Now that is funny :D:D

Tell you what though, if I was black I would be screaming blue murder right now :mad:

I probably am racist, but I try to control it when faced with non whites like my sons girlfriend (black) and my other sons wife (chinese) so watch what you say on here as I may get the right hump!!!!!

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poledark:

Now that is funny :D:D

Tell you what though, if I was black I would be screaming blue murder right now :mad:

I probably am racist, but I try to control it when faced with non whites like my sons girlfriend (black) and my other sons wife (chinese) so watch what you say on here as I may get the right hump!!!!!

Den

Well Poledark, I'm not racist & as I said earlier, the piccy's were posted as a bit of a laugh - actually poking fun at Ron Atkinson & ITV, not at anyone else.

I've now removed them.

I apologise sincerely if I've offended anyone.

Guest Ferret1959

I didn't see any black folk complaining so why remove them?

I didn't see Ron Atkinson or ITV have a moan either.

Perhaps you should ask all the "black folk" (strange description) who post on here what they thought of some of the posts.

rabs, I was not offended and do not think that most blacks would be either,but I certainly detected a few signs that there are probably no blacks posting on this topic, and that the remarks were getting a bit OTT.

So I decided to make the point that I have coloured and chinese in my family....bet that made a few of you think again :rolleyes:

And in case any of you "good folk :D " think I consider myself whiter than white, then I have to tell you that I use a term of "endearment" when talking to my dogs, which refers to them as "nignogs", especially when they have done something I consider stupid.

My sons partner overheard this and was DEEPLY offended...But it just slipped out....and as I was unaware at the time of the offence caused, I carried on with the entertaining of the family and friends.

Now I do not consider that term as racist, I use it to talk to my dogs, i.e silly dogs=nignogs, sort of rhyming slang, and therefor do not feel any need to apologise for it

Now maybe my Sons partner had been called a nignog in an insulting way by someone else in her life, that I do not know, but what I DO know is the deep hurt that can be caused by racist remarks.

Sorry to be so serious, but it is just possible we have a black poster on AN who was very upset but decided not to respond.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Guest Ferret1959

As in 'black folk' I refer to black people.

What are coloured people?????

Why do police call blacks people black and not coloured?

They would call me white, as I would call a black man black, mainly as I wouldn't recognise his nationality.

Indians and Pakistanis to me are Asian as I can't tell the difference.

Paki's call themselves Paki's and British are offen called Brits but using Paki as a description in this PC world would be classed as racist.

It's impossible for any new readers of this thread like me to make comments on its content, because everything questionable that was posted has now been removed.

One point I'd make is that few people have truly black skin, just as I doubt if there has ever been anyone with truly white skin.

It is so easy to say something that offends these days.A common childhood phrase "cheeky monkey"who has not said this at some time to their children.

Well I slipped up I said it totally without thinking to a child last week that was making funny faces at me, while I was doing his dad's dressing.

Yes

the child was from Africa.

I did not realise what I had said until later and we were in the office giving feedback about our visits,and I was talking about this lovely child and I said it adain.

I do not know if it was found offensive or not.

judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Guest sslatter

I think it's not so much the words used (which personally I would never dream of using in any context) it's more the way it was said..

..which was the most crass, bigoted, inbred, bitter, hateful racism you could hear..

..just to add that I'm a Londoner, born and bred right next door to Brixton, in Streatham, S.W., and I only ever heard someone use that "n" word twice before this Atkinson outburst..the two previous instances were so rare, that I've always remembered them..they stuck in my mind.

..and no-one I know would ever dream of using it in conversation either..

Black people don't like it, and find it offensive, and rightly so..

Those who think that all black people go around calling each other "n****r" have been watching too many pop videos..you need to get out more..

Let me assure you that the vast majority of british black people would never dream of using it..