Ron Atkinson - The signs were there

rabster

Can anyone remember who said, on national television.

"Why is it the blacks have all the natural rhythm, when it's the catholics that really need it?"

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sslatter

No, that doesn't do it at all.

I take it that your point is that, as it is a word found in the dictionary, it's okay to use it.

Come on ferret..any good modern english dictionary will contain every english swear word you can think of..

..but that does NOT make it acceptable.

All it means is that it is an english word that is/has been in usage, like all the other swear words, racial 'nicknames' etc. It's a vile word, IMO, and I even find it offensive to see it in print, the way you posted it as a link.

Guest Ferret1959

Bet I'd be the only white bloke there wouldn't I?

I can nip into Oldbury in the Black country and have a word with the West Indians their and ask their opinion on the word.

As somebody mentioned above it depends on the context it's used.

I see this thread is still rolling on. icon_lol.gif

Just to explain, I removed the pics, (none of which I considered racist), because, being new to the forum & still finding my feet trying to suss you guys & gals out I felt from some of the responses they had caused some offence. So, I felt the only option was to remove them.

I did not intend to spark a debate on racist issues. Could i extend a thousand apologies if I've caused any problems hereabouts.

sparking debates is what the AN is all about! sometimes you get the same people posting the same opinions everytime but thats life!

Graham,

I have black mates who use the 'N' word - it's all about context.

A lot of words are like that - it doesn't have to depend on colour. I get called all manner of offensive terms by known acquaintances and it's a term of endearment.

It's when such words are used in a derogatory sense that things become different.

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE