Rolling Stones.

Peter Waller

Or to be more precise, their latest CD 'Bigger Bang', less than a tenner at Tesco!

For me the Stones can do no wrong and, despite the Independant's put down of it, I bought it without hearing a single track.

The first track is sheer energy, and its good to hear the black blues influence is as strong as ever. Okay, so they are all over 60 now and one or two tracks are decidely slow, infact one track is a right dirge, albeit a quality dirge. This is a CD that probably has something for most tastes, whether you are a Stones fan or not.

Unlike some of the dire stuff coming out of Radio 1 this is sheer music to an aging hippy's ears.

It would certainly feature in my bivvy collection, if I had one!

Buying CD's from the big supermakets is a perfectly reasonable alternative to being constantly ripped off by the likes of HMV, Virgin etc.

The only drawback is the range of stuff on offer.

Fortunatly, on-line supliers hold a massive range in stock (especially Play.com who do some pretty obscure stuff) and can knock even supermarked prices into a cocked hat in addition to delivering your disc's directly to your door.

Of my usual supliers, the best deal on the new Stones album is £8.75 inclusive of delivery.

http://www12.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php...duct_code=20611

Good to here that the Stones are back in form. I loved their stuff from the 60's and 70's but they kinda lost their way for a while.

Just a quick edit to add that if you like the bluesy side of the stones, check out some stuff from Albert King. A top bluesman that hardly anyone seems to have heared of.

[ 11. September 2005, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: Ken L ]

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Haven't checked out small print, but a site that I was aware of has this cd for £6.99 with postage incl..www.bangcd.com

[ 11. September 2005, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: Slashley ]

peter, if you think most of radios ones output is dire (i'm sure it is, though i haven't listened to radio one for some years) then do the sensible thing and tune into radio two, you'd then already have heard a few choice nuggets from bigger bang

Wow Slashey, current chart CD's delivered at prices from £4.99 is impressive to say the least.

How long have you been using them and are they reliable ?

[ 11. September 2005, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: Ken L ]

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Have not ordered from them Ken. Only found them after having used cdwow several times. I do know someone who has used them though and not heard of any problems so far...................