Net laughter

rob.i

I keep getting getting e mailed said heading then a title of what i assume is the title of a joke I have not opened any just deleted them ,not being used to computers im just wondering if they carry viruses :confused: any help would be appreciated...thanks rob ps norton av is installed does this stop all viruses?

[ 10. August 2004, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: rob.i ]

when you think you know everything think again....

Rob, that sounds suspiciously like a virus in the attachment. The message line is always something silly and seems like it was written by someone with English as a second language. Norton should pick it up and deal with it if you try to open the attachment, however its not really worth the risk. I never open an attachment that I'm not expecting to get. When in doubt DELETE. If you delete something important then the sender will always be able to resend.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

rob.i - if you want to be sure about this particular one (as it could be something you signed up for), feel free to forward a copy to the email address in here for me. Just put in something about wanting it checked and I'll see what you have and let you know.

Otherwise, the advice to simply delete things with attachments you aren't expecting is certainly the safe way to go and is what I usually do with them.

[ 10. August 2004, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

thanks Newt will send one when next I get one.I dont remember signing up for it but as my son is always faffing about on my pc he may have, although he denies any knowledge of it...rob

when you think you know everything think again....